Happy Thanksgiving!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:53 PM »
For those of you who celebrate it as a holiday, and also for those that don't, I'd like us all to take a moment to give thanks.

I'd like to give thanks...

... to our families.
... to those that have in the past, those that do now, and those that will in the future, keep us safe from harm's way.
... for being as fortunate as we are. If we have a computer and high speed internet access, we are doing so much better than so many in this world who struggle to keep a roof over their heads and food in their mouths.
... for those that share peace and love in this world.
... for those that have brought, and continue to bring us VATSIM, free of charge to us (even though they pay a considerable amount every year for our enjoyment).
... for being part of such a wonderful team as we have within VATUSA. We ebb and flow, but we consistently get stronger over time, and we are generally made up of a great group of people and come together as a strong and wonderful family.  We continue to develop an open, welcoming, professional, growth-oriented culture of hobbyists, passionate about doing an excellent job, teaching those that want to be taught, growing our hobby, and caring deeply for it and its members.

I would also like to thank each and every one of you, the members of VATUSA, especially the staff, for what you do for the network every day.  We wouldn't be here or have a purpose without you.  For many, this is a hobby, perhaps one of many that you engage in.  For many others, particularly the training staffs, ARTCC staffs, and the VATUSA staff, your motivation and dedication to the hobby transcends the normal; you devote an important part of who you are for the success of the members and the network.  For that, I applaud you, and am deeply grateful.

May the turkeys you see at your Thanksgiving celebrations be only the ones you eat, not the ones you share a meal with.

More importantly, may we all be thankful, grateful, loving and sharing, and may we all have a safe, healthy and Happy Thanksgiving.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:11:53 AM by Don Desfosse »
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA