CS 757 and Squawkbox

Zach Hutcherson

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://vatusa.net
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »
Sadly, my former favorite aircraft as been replaced by the PMDG 747.  The reason being is because while I can connect to squawkbox normally, within two minutes of connecting it loses its Voice connection.

It still remains connected to the server however anything to due with Frequencies and ATC disappears.  The Controllers are still visible, however the frequency that is shown you have tuned in (Bottom Right Hand Corner) disappears, I cannot connect, text or voice, to any controller regardless of what frequency I tune.

Sometimes if its in a good mood, reconnecting and connecting will solve the issue only for a few more minutes though.

Does anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Also this only happens with the CS 757.  All my other planes (To include my CS767) do not do this.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:48:25 PM by Zach Hutcherson »
Zach Hutcherson
C1, En Route

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »
Quote from: Zach Hutcherson
Sadly, my former favorite aircraft as been replaced by the PMDG 747.  The reason being is because while I can connect to squawkbox normally, within two minutes of connecting it loses its Voice connection.

It still remains connected to the server however anything to due with Frequencies and ATC disappears.  The Controllers are still visible, however the frequency that is shown you have tuned in (Bottom Right Hand Corner) disappears, I cannot connect, text or voice, to any controller regardless of what frequency I tune.

Sometimes if its in a good mood, reconnecting and connecting will solve the issue only for a few more minutes though.

Does anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?

Thanks!

This is strange.  I personally am not a big fan of squawkbox and have experienced far less issues with FSInn.  My recommendation would be to switch to FSInn.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:29:44 PM by Mark Hubbert »
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired

Norman Blackburn

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 01:11:25 AM »
The issue is the aircraft.  SB recognises when there is no power.  No power means no radios.  

How about starting from the default flight? Load the default flight rather than just choosing the cessna.  Once settled change to the CS aircraft. Does it still lose power?

Zach Hutcherson

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »
Quote from: Norman Blackburn
The issue is the aircraft.  SB recognises when there is no power.  No power means no radios.  

How about starting from the default flight? Load the default flight rather than just choosing the cessna.  Once settled change to the CS aircraft. Does it still lose power?

Its still doing this, the plane itself never loses power but for some reason its detecting it as having lost it i guess.
Zach Hutcherson
C1, En Route

Norman Blackburn

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 05:46:34 PM »
Ignore the fact that the engines are going - this is an FS9 based bug.  To clarify, you selected the default flight and didnt simply select a cessna?  Do you have the freeware or registered FSUIPC?  The latter has an option for ignoring the dead battery bug.

Disclaimer - I don't have the CS aircraft but have seen this same issue elsewhere.

Zach Hutcherson

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 05:49:03 PM »
Well i run FSX so im not sure if the bug is for it as well.  And I have the Freeware FSUICP
Zach Hutcherson
C1, En Route

Norman Blackburn

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 06:05:06 PM »
My bad for assuming there Zach.  The same issue however is to hand - your aircraft is reporting a lack of power for the radios.  Hopefully somebody has a solution to a problem you at least know the general cause of.

Zach Hutcherson

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »
Well thanks Norman, ill try and look into some more.  Appreciate the help!
Zach Hutcherson
C1, En Route

Scott DeWoody

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
Zach, I know this is not much help, but I use FSX, and SB4, and the CS757, and I don't experience any of those issues.  I'm thinking it may be a corrupt file or something specific to your system.   Just a guess though.
Scott DeWoody

Zach Hutcherson

• Members
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »
I have reinstalled both Squawkbox and the CS757, but nothing so im giving up.  Im getting a new computer in the coming months and hopefully a fresh install of everything will fix the issue.  Thanks Scott!
Zach Hutcherson
C1, En Route

Kyle Rodgers

• ZDC Staff
    • View Profile
CS 757 and Squawkbox
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
For what it's worth, and sorry for the epic post dredge, but my CS727 does the same thing.  This happens when you load the default aircraft, shut it down, and load the CS aircraft.  I've found that if I just shut the engine down (and reset the mixture to full after they're shut down - again, another odd CS727 issue of mine), without adjusting the alternator/battery switches (or anything else), everything works fine.

Kyle