Basic ATC/S1 Exam and CBT

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
Basic ATC/S1 Exam and CBT
« on: January 03, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »
The new training process has gone into effect.

A new member needs to log into the website.
Under the Division Info. Tab select Computer Based Training.
Then Select the first CBT in Block 1 titled Orientation.
View all the CBT's after Orientation and you will be allowed to take the Basic ATC/S1 Exam.
The reference handbook CBT is very detailed, you only have to open this CBT.  You can download it or print it at your discretion.

Questions can be sent to [email protected]
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired

Robert Reifsnyder

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Basic ATC/S1 Exam and CBT
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »
Not quite sure if this is the place to ask but I am a little lazy to dig in the forums for info... When will the individual ARTCC's CBL's be available to use. I am an I1 at ZAB and would love to see this start being utilized for our students. I have a PDF cersion of the old training material but we have the capability on VATUSA yet I have barely seen any progress on really getting the VATUSA training section completed. I understand that it is a LOT to add for each ARTCC but some updates would be great! And my apologies if this has been covered already in a different thread I can't seem to find.

Robert Reifsnyder
ZAB I1
Robert Reifsnyder
Albuquerque ARTCC

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »
As it stands right now.  Only the Basic ATC/S1 Training Material has been completed.  S2 is the next phase.  As this section gets underway and progress is made, I will make a post to keep everybody in the loop.  With regards to individual ARTCC training material, that is entirely up to each ARTCC to accomplish.  Each ARTCC is able to post their own CBT's to the VATUSA website.  If any ARTCC needs assistance with this, I will gladly do my best to help them out.  You can have your Training Administrator contact me if they need assistance.
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 12:02:46 AM »
When will the individual ARTCC's CBL's be available to use. I am an I1 at ZAB and would love to see this start being utilized for our students.

VATUSA isn't creating training for individual facilities (VATUSA isn't just ARTCCs...), that is completely up to the individual facility.  Your point of contact for ZAB courses is your senior staff as they are the ones responsible for ZAB CBTs.

Robert Reifsnyder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »
Thank you for the info. And apologies for the delayed reply lol.
Robert Reifsnyder
Albuquerque ARTCC