Something for laughs!

Dylan Lundberg

• ZME Staff
    • View Profile
    • Fly High Virtual
Something for laughs!
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »
So as I was training three students today back-to-back-to-back, The 2nd student sujested that VATUSA pay their I1/I3 rated instructors....Hmmm..not a bad Idea, eh?

We came up with some wages:

I1: $7.25 per Hour
I3: $10.00 per hour.

Looking at my Stats, I have 485 Hours as an I1, and 108 hours as an I3.

The math?

7.25 x 485= $3516.25
10.00 x 108= $1080.00 ............................

Who should I send my Lawyer to for unpaid Employment? a Total of $4596.25 in unpaid dues to me, a Certified, qualified, and dedicated employee! (  )

How much would YOU make with the above wages?

lol....Just a thought! xD

Michael Martin

• Members
    • View Profile
Something for laughs!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
An interesting proposal Dylan, I submit to you Section 7.1 of the VATSIM User Agreement.  Unfortunatly we will not be able to comply with your request for pay at this time.  Should the nature of the User Agreement permit us to honor your request at a future date, we recommend you continue to track your earnings and submit a request at that time.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and are thankful of your continued service.
-Management

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE [/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]7.1 You agree to indemnify, and hold the VATSIM network and its affiliates, and their respective agents, information providers and licensors harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs, and expenses incurred by any Party in connection with any use or alleged use of the VATSIM network under your ID and password by any person, whether authorized or not.[/quote]

Dylan Lundberg

• ZME Staff
    • View Profile
    • Fly High Virtual
Something for laughs!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
Quote from: Michael Martin
An interesting proposal Dylan, I submit to you Section 7.1 of the VATSIM User Agreement.  Unfortunatly we will not be able to comply with your request for pay at this time.  Should the nature of the User Agreement permit us to honor your request at a future date, we recommend you continue to track your earnings and submit a request at that time.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and are thankful of your continued service.
-Management

lol.

Kenneth Bambach

• Members
    • View Profile
Something for laughs!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 11:24:42 PM »
Ahhhhh...maybe the students should be paying the hourly rate then. That would certainly cut down on the constant bombardments of  "Can you take me up on TWR right now??"  I1's and I3's could be considered as outside contractors and be 1099'ed by the student, thereby not burdening VATSIM.

One can only daydream about such things........

Dylan Lundberg

• ZME Staff
    • View Profile
    • Fly High Virtual
Something for laughs!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »
Quote from: Ken Bambach
Ahhhhh...maybe the students should be paying the hourly rate then. That would certainly cut down on the constant bombardments of  "Can you take me up on TWR right now??"  I1's and I3's could be considered as outside contractors and be 1099'ed by the student, thereby not burdening VATSIM.

One can only daydream about such things........

I didn't even think of that!

Davor Kusec

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Something for laughs!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »
Those are some low wages but I guess we are in the midst of the Vsequester   hehe

David Macfarlane

• Members
    • View Profile
Something for laughs!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:59:42 AM »
Quote from: Dylan Lundberg
So as I was training three students today back-to-back-to-back, The 2nd student sujested that VATUSA pay their I1/I3 rated instructors....Hmmm..not a bad Idea, eh?

We came up with some wages:

I1: $7.25 per Hour
I3: $10.00 per hour.

Looking at my Stats, I have 485 Hours as an I1, and 108 hours as an I3.

The math?

7.25 x 485= $3516.25
10.00 x 108= $1080.00 ............................

Who should I send my Lawyer to for unpaid Employment? a Total of $4596.25 in unpaid dues to me, a Certified, qualified, and dedicated employee! (  )

How much would YOU make with the above wages?

lol....Just a thought! xD

Sadly, 4 days late for April Fool's, but an excellent thought. Call it the "Self-Worth Quotient"