Wanted: Air Battle Managers

Tom Camarda

• Members
    • View Profile
Wanted: Air Battle Managers
« on: April 27, 2016, 05:57:48 PM »
VATUSA Controllers,

I run a virtual military organization called the 8th Virtual Fighter Wing.  We simulate F-16 operations using another high quality simulator called Falcon BMS.  For BMS there is a software somewhat similar to the ATC software used for VATSIM.  We are not looking to take away from controlling conducted in civilian operations here, but would like to see if any experienced controllers would be interested possibly once or twice per week giving AWACS and/or ATC support to the wing.  We simulate the USAF to a very high level with the correct brevity, tactics, techniques, and procedures.  The methods used between standard ATC services and the services provided by an ABM are similar but starkly different.  We are looking for folks who are able to think quickly on their feet, bind threat groups or packages (folks who possibly already have done this real world that are members would know this, otherwise we can teach this concept), provide relevant information to the correct flight, as well as intercept, BRAA, bulleye, package words, JTAC/FAC or other combat services.   It is a very rewarding type of ATC and much different than offering simple vectors and clearances.

If you are not interested in this, no problem we understand, but if it does please check out our site at 8vfw.com.  This will eventually be a dedicated non-flying position with entry at the rank of vCaptain with full membership and of course if guys wanted to fly with us rather than control that's fine too, but we thought this might be a great place to gauge the interest level of combat controlling from folks who truly are interested and live and breath this stuff like we do. 

If you want to see the simulator this supports, it's located here: http://bmsforum.org.

Any questions feel free to ask or PM me for more details :)

Thank you guys for the time and checking out this post, it is much appreciated!

Tom Camarda
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:53:14 PM by Tom Camarda »

Christopher Lajoie

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Air Battle Managers
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 07:06:35 AM »
Tom:

Very professional, well kept and interesting website. I wish you luck in your search.
Christopher Lajoie, C3 - 945572
VATUSA Support Services | Social Media Team Lead
Catch me on Discord! @christopherlajoie
[email protected]

Tom Camarda

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »
Chris,

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the kind words.  It's really cool because the pace and tempo is the same as civil, but instead of "UAL1234 radar contact, squawk xxxx and ident." It's "Cowboy12, Chalis11 has three group Vic 10 deep, 15 wide lead group bullseye 215/35, 15,000 hostile, west trail group 15,000 bogey, east trail group 15000 hostile."

"Cowboy12 roger, committing skate 3 group Vic bullseye 215/35 15,000 hostile."

Then those contacts don't exist anymore confirm the kills or recommit to the fight if they somehow survived your superior air battle management. It's a ton of fun. :)

Are there any military lovers here?  Or dare I say real world experience?  :D

Michael Roach

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 04:00:50 PM »
Ahh, I love BMS. This sim back in the Free Falcon days was my life. Good luck in the future gentlemen (or ladies). I used to do AWACS back when Falcon Online was up.
Michael Roach
ZOB Training Administrator
[email protected]