ZLC Staff Changes

Brandon Wening

• VATUSA Staff
    • View Profile
ZLC Staff Changes
« on: July 29, 2023, 10:00:49 AM »
I'd like to take a moment to address some staff changes that have occurred in the Salt Lake City ARTCC. In recent weeks, both Ben Lindsey and Nathan Bauer have resigned from their positions as ZLC DATM and ATM. We are grateful for their 2 years of service in their roles and wish them all the best in the future as they turn their attention towards their real-world commitments.

Due to the current needs of the ZLC ARTCC and its members, we have decided to try a new approach to filling the ZLC staff positions at this time. Over the past few weeks, we have worked with the senior staff at ZLC and ZDV to come up with a plan to help grow the ZLC ARTCC and fill staff positions by joining the ZLC and ZDV staff together. With the goal of growing the ZLC ARTCC, the ZDV staff will oversee ZLC operations and training until new ZLC staff members can be developed and placed into positions. There is no definite timeline on how long the staff teams will be merged other than "as long as it takes." The ZLC and ZDV ARTCCs will remain separate entities with different websites and identities, but will share a collective staff team and training department. This is different from what we have done in the past like with PCF, and we are excited about the opportunities this partnership will provide both ARTCC's members. I look forward to watching ZDV and ZLC work together to help increase ZLC's presence and activity on the network, provide more training opportunities to the controllers, and help grow and promote members on the roster so they can achieve the next controlling rating and/or staff position to keep ZLC moving forward. If anyone has any questions about this change or would be interested in helping grow ZLC, please reach out to me via [email protected].