Position Posting: VATUSA Developer

Alexandra Robison

• Members
    • View Profile
Position Posting: VATUSA Developer
« on: March 31, 2022, 07:24:45 PM »
Hello!

The VATUSA Technical Manager is currently seeking applications for the role of VATUSA Developer.

The VATUSA Dev Team is being expanded to include technical projects outside of the current web services it already maintains. Therefore, we are seeking additional developers to help lead and develop these projects. As such, the requirements for this role are very loosely defined, and anyone with technical knowledge is encouraged to apply. Instead of the usual structure of a job posting with skills/qualifications, I want to give a high level overview of what projects/technologies the Division is working on.

Technologies/Languages used:
- Docker/Kubernetes
- Github Actions
- PHP/MySQL/Laravel
- Javascript/Typescript/React
- Golang
- Moodle

Projects:
- Main VATUSA site (Laravel)
- VATUSA API (Laravel)
- VATUSA Discord Bot (Discord.js)
- ULS (Golang)
- VATUSA Academy (Moodle)

Outside of the listed projects, I am aware of a few really cool projects that exist within an ARTCC (or a few ARTCCs) that the entire Division would benefit from. For that reason, if you are a developer or project lead for any of these projects, and would like to work with me and the Division, I encourage you to apply.

If you are proficient in a language or technology listed above, I encourage you to apply. If you are proficient in a language or technology outside of those listed above, I still want to hear from you. Languages and technologies come and go, but the underlying skills of knowing them don't.

The only hard qualification for this position is that you must be a VATSIM member in good standing. Some ATC rating is preferred, but not required.

If you are interested, please submit the following to a.robison[at]vatsim.net:

- Name and CID.
- Brief overview of your tech experience (ideally no more than 1 page).
- Your Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket/etc username or links to your portfolio of work.

Every applicant will receive a response. Those possessing skills that would contribute to the advancement of the Division tech stack will be moved forward to a brief tech screening.

This is an additional duty assignment. Candidates who choose to accept the position will remain within their home VATUSA facility. This is a persistent posting, applications always accepted.