Linked Events

• [13APR19, 16Z - 21Z] Cross the Pond Lite: EGPH to KPHL: April 13, 2019

[13APR19, 16Z - 21Z] Cross the Pond Lite: EGPH to KPHL

Jeremy Peterson

• Members
    • View Profile
[13APR19, 16Z - 21Z] Cross the Pond Lite: EGPH to KPHL
« on: April 01, 2019, 06:17:54 PM »

Gander Oceanic, in cooperation with the VATUK and the NY ARTCC, is proud of announcing the second edition of the "Cross the Pond Lite" on April 13th, which will be starting with ATC at Edinburgh from 1000Z to 1400Z and in New York from 1600Z to 2100Z.

Ready for one of the best experiences while flying over the Atlantic?

Gander Oceanic, in cooperation with VATUK and the NY ARTCC, invite you to the Cross The Pond Lite, Westbound edition! Depart Edinburgh in the UK in the morning and arrive to Philadelphia during the afternoon! We encourage you to come and fly this 7 hours hop, from Business Jets through A320's and B737's to B747's and A380's! Everyone can come with their favorite airplane and enjoy FULL ATC Service during the flight. Starting at 1000z, enjoy your radar services, and non-radar procedural control over the Atlantic, until you arrive to Philly. Do not forget to come, we are waiting for you!

Do you need help with Oceanic Procedures? No problem!

Check out the Oceanic Procedures here: http://czqo.vatcan.ca/pilots/oceanic-clearance & http://czqo.vatcan.ca/pilots/position-report.

Need charts for the airports? EGPH and KPHL
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 06:11:13 PM by Jeremy Peterson »
Jeremy Peterson (HP)

Jeremy Peterson

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: [13APR19, 16Z - 21Z] Cross the Pond Lite: EGPH to KPHL
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 07:34:23 AM »
ZNY is holding another telcon to discuss route structure and coordination on Friday, 12 April at 2300Z. The following facilities in the US are encouraged to join, while all others are welcome to: PHL Tower, PHL TRACON, ZNY, ZBW.

Here is the telcon link.

The voice channel will be #Operations Planning and the associated text channel will be #natots.
Jeremy Peterson (HP)

Jason Fearing

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 01:21:51 PM »
Planning to attend and participate in my first CTP, looking forward to it.

As it'll be pretty damn early (3:00am local) I'm trying to minimize workload on clearances and had a few questions based on the Aviation Pro video I watched on YouTube the other day.

1.) Will I be requesting oceanic clearance on the ground or shortly after takeoff? The video mentions 3* as the cutoff and I understand EGPH to be right around that.

2.) Is there a preferred route. I understand that the NAT tracks have not yet been published for the time zones that this event is taking place. I'm using this website as a reference point - https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/common/nat.html

3.) What is standard/customary for stepping away from the 'pit? I'm a short haul flyer, nothing over 3 hours so I want to be respectful to all controllers but I also know I'll need some breaks once in a while.

Lastly, if there's a good web-based resource beyond the AviationPro video from a year ago to reference, please feel free to just direct me there. Happy to do my homework.

Jeremy Peterson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
As far as routes go, they’ll be published after the planning telcon with the facilities tonight (23Z telcon, expect routes by 01Z). As for oceanic procedures, please consult the documentation linked above as well as any documentation on Gander Oceanic, Shanwick, Shannon, VATUK, VATCAN, or VATUSA facility websites. It is easy to locate.
Jeremy Peterson (HP)

Jeremy Peterson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 06:44:44 PM »
vATCSCC ADVZY 001 DCC 04/12/19 FCA RQD
NAME: EGPH_PHL
CONSTRAINED AREA: ZNY
REASON: VOLUME
INCLUDE TRAFFIC: EGPH DEPARTURES TO KPHL
FACILITIES INCLUDED: ZEU/CZX/CZM/CZU/ZBW/ZNY/PHL
FLIGHT STATUS: ALL_FLIGHTS
VALID: ETD 131000 TO 131500
PROBABILITY OF EXTENSION: NONE
REMARKS:
ASSOCIATED RESTRICTIONS:
MODIFICATIONS:
ROUTES:

ORIG    DEST    ROUTE
----    ----    -----
EGPH    KPHL    GOSAM1C GOSAM P600 TRN N562 MAC NIBOG DOGAL NATC NEEKO N480A TAFFY ALB DNY SPUDS4
EGPH    KPHL    GOSAM1C GOSAM P600 TRN DIMLI BALNA XETBO LIMRI NATE TUDEP N396A ALLEX LFV J174 HTO J121 BRIGS JIIMS3
Jeremy Peterson (HP)