Thanking a Retiring Staff Member

Andrew Podner

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:27:16 PM »
To all USA Division Members,

One of our longest serving VATUSA staff members, Cornell Lloyd has decided to retire from his position as the Southern Air Traffic Director, VATUSA8.  Cornell has had a long and distinguished tenure as a part VATUSA staff beginning way back in February 2006.  His time and dedication to this division and to the VATSIM network as a whole are much appreciated and will be greatly missed.  He has always put forth a positive attitude and a commitment to bettering VATUSA for all members to enjoy.  As with so many of our staffers before, and as fate will determine for many others yet to be, Cornell's achievements and advancements outside of the network have risen to the point where tough decisions about how to spend time have to be made, and while this is a distinct loss for VATUSA, we wish him all the best and nothing but great successes in all of his future endeavors.

So raise a glass and toast our friend, colleague, and fellow VATSIM'er, Cornell Lloyd for a happy retirement and blue skies ahead!

Good Luck, we will miss your involvement, and don't forget that you always have a home in VATUSA.

Sincerely,
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:27:33 PM by Andrew Podner »

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »
Cornell, you'll be missed by myself and many in the organization.

Real life can always come up and bite, but it sounds like it's a good kind of bite I think?

In any case, cheers and thanks for your long standing service.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:54:46 PM by Brian Pryor »

Tom Seeley

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:07:35 PM »
Cornell has been a fixture here and a reliable staff member for as long as I can recall. It's always sad to see a good man go, but he certainly has paid his dues and served VATUSA above and beyond what he was asked to do.

Best of luck Cornell, and thanks for all you have accomplished!

Chris McGee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »
I remember when you were a new member of VATSIM and student of mine at Indianapolis. I want to thank you for the dedication over the years. I'm sure we will see you again! Good luck man.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:18:52 AM by Christopher S. McGee »

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »
Cornell,

It was great working with you as the ZDV TA last year. Thanks for your time and dedication to VATUSA.

David Jedrejcic

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 01:07:50 AM »
Congratulations, you are free!!!  Sincerely, thanks for everything you've done for VATUSA, and have a happy retirement.  Best wishes, and come back to visit when you can.

Manuel Manigault

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 09:23:34 PM »
Best wishes Cornell.

Alex Evins

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nyartcc.org
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 10:43:02 AM »
Thank you for your dedication. Best wishes!

Michael Bertolini

• Members
    • View Profile
    • National Air Traffic Controllers' Association
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 10:35:23 PM »
Thanks for being a friend to all of us in VATUSA, Cornell. VATUSA will miss your involvement, dedication and service to one of the best regions in all of VATSIM. Thanks for all you have done, VATUSA appreciates you!

Take it easy bud and safe retirement.