Just saying hello

Arron Bendt

• Members
    • View Profile
Just saying hello
« on: May 01, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »
Just joined up and thought I would say hi.

Signed up when my brother told about Microsoft Flight Sim's ability to do ATC.

I just passed the initial exam and signed up for Los Angles ARTCC.

I have prior experience as a controller while in the Navy.

I am in possession of a CTO card and with some radar experience (Radar Final Controller, Military Operating Area Controller).

I was stationed at NALF San Clemete Island (KNUC) and NAS Kingsville (KNQI) before Sept. 11th happened (TAD'd 6 months to base security).  Then I got TAD'd out to NALF Orange Grove because I only had about a year left in the military, and NAS Kingsville wasn't going to train me any further.  So I maintained Ground Control/Flight Data/Radar Final Control qualifications at both facilities simultaneously my last year in the military, and kept them current.

Working for a big corporation is just not what I call satisfying work.  Been out of the military and Air Traffic Control for 7 years.

Would like to get on with the FAA, but realize, with my 31st birthday coming up at the end of October, I will probably end up taking the Contract Tower route.

So, that's a little bit about me.  Not completely a FNG, but it has been awhile since I've controlled planes.

Looking forward to having some fun with you guys.

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
Just saying hello
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:23:35 PM »
Hello Aaron, welcome to the world of VATSIM and to VATUSA!

We're always glad to have a new face and given your background it will bring a wealth of experience to the division and to ZLA.

Have you had a chance to fly at all on the network yet?

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Just saying hello
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
Welcome aboard!