VAT-Spy updates

Reynolds Price

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: VAT-Spy updates
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 01:10:40 AM »
updated once again. I changed the EGTT to reflect LON in an attempt to light up the sectors only being covered. We'll see if this works in the coming days and added a couple of airports. if only being FE was this simple...
Lee Rey

Signatures confuse me.

Sachin Gnath

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 05:11:04 AM »

Reynolds Price

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
eh....wheres the fun in that?
Lee Rey

Signatures confuse me.

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »
I'd say multiple people working together to keep the VATSpy file updated is infinitely more powerful than one person :)

Mainly because of exposure and the fact Ross has said he'd consider updating VATSpy to track changes from the repo, which would be an added boon for all of us together!

Cheers!
Rahul
Rahul Parkar,

On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth.

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 12:15:03 AM »
I'd say multiple people working together to keep the VATSpy file updated is infinitely more powerful than one person :)

Mainly because of exposure and the fact Ross has said he'd consider updating VATSpy to track changes from the repo, which would be an added boon for all of us together!

Cheers!
Rahul

As in, actually pull from the repo natively?  That'd be pretty awesome.  Perhaps the submission process should be more streamlined, such as a PR process.

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 12:50:24 AM »

Cheers!
Rahul

As in, actually pull from the repo natively?  That'd be pretty awesome.  Perhaps the submission process should be more streamlined, such as a PR process.

A PR process is their submission process (with an email for those who aren't comfortable with git).

Reynolds Price

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 02:02:51 AM »
Submissions? Are we talking like people submit the updates they want to see? I would like that idea. Saves me the time and hassle of finding things and nitpicking.

And I'd like to see someone attempt to update the UI. Something not so Windows 98 looking?
Lee Rey

Signatures confuse me.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »
Submissions? Are we talking like people submit the updates they want to see? I would like that idea. Saves me the time and hassle of finding things and nitpicking.

Yes.

And I'd like to see someone attempt to update the UI. Something not so Windows 98 looking?

You'd need to source for that.  I don't think Ross intends to do that. And I don't think he has plans to updates/rewrite it.

Pedro Rodrigues

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2020, 01:48:17 PM »
I'm providing a one click install to update the data files.

Check it at https://github.com/pedro2555/vatspy-data-project.

* Download it from https://github.com/pedro2555/vatspy-data-project/releases/download/0.0.2/win-installer.msi
 * Close VATSpy
 * Double Click the installer
 * Open VATSpy

Enjoy!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2020, 02:22:49 PM »
Hi Pedro,

As I just noted on the VATSIM forums, it would be great if you could reach out to the folks that maintain the official VATSpy repository and get this great idea blessed and incorporated into the official VATSpy update process.
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA