Retired ATCS

Tony Megowan

• Members
    • View Profile
Retired ATCS
« on: August 09, 2022, 03:00:57 PM »
Question. As a retired ATCS (35 years) do we still need to complete all of the academy training. My last 17 1/2 years were at SBA ATCT/TRACON and before that numerous towers (including VNY). I currently work for a company doing training (mostly AT Coach on STARS) at SBA.
Thanks
Tony Megowan
ATCS Retired
Under new management, see spouse
Tony Megowan
ATCS Retires
Under New Management See Spouse

David Stone

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Re: Retired ATCS
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 08:04:54 AM »
Hello Tony,
The best person to answer this would be Anthony Santanastasos, the VATUSA Training Director. The short answer is no but the particulars you could get from him. Email is [email protected].
David Stone

Matthew Kramer

• ZLA Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 08:52:27 PM »
Question. As a retired ATCS (35 years) do we still need to complete all of the academy training. My last 17 1/2 years were at SBA ATCT/TRACON and before that numerous towers (including VNY). I currently work for a company doing training (mostly AT Coach on STARS) at SBA.
Thanks
Tony Megowan
ATCS Retired
Under new management, see spouse

Hi Tony, I believe there is a accelerated course available. If you’re interesting in doing ATC in the SoCal area, shoot me an email at [email protected] and we’ll work with the training department to figure out a solution.

Matt

PS: I’ve been flying out of VNY for about a decade. Would love to chat about your experience there sometime.
Matthew Kramer
ZLA DATM

Tony Megowan

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 01:40:34 PM »
Thanks. Will do. When I was at VNY we were the 7th busiest airport in the US and the busiest GA airport in the world. Loved working there. There were times I left work and could not have worked another airplane because I was exhausted.
BUR area of SoCal would definitely be interesting as would SBA.
Thanks
Tony Megowan
ATCS Retires
Under New Management See Spouse

Anthony Santanastaso

• Mentors
    • View Profile
    • VATUSA
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 06:49:18 PM »
Thanks. Will do. When I was at VNY we were the 7th busiest airport in the US and the busiest GA airport in the world. Loved working there. There were times I left work and could not have worked another airplane because I was exhausted.
BUR area of SoCal would definitely be interesting as would SBA.
Thanks

Hi Tony, send me an email at your convenience, please!
Anthony Santanastaso