Eagle Airways

Lloyd Boyette

• Members
    • View Profile
Eagle Airways
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:19:15 AM »
Good morning folks.

I wanted to take a moment to introduce my latest ( and hopefully last ) Virtual Airline project. It's a long story, however, Vector Airlines is now permanently closed. It's a bitter sweet moment and closing it allowed me to kinda spread my creative wings a little bit and create something that is new, fresh and a design that is all my own.

[size=]www.eagleairways.net[/size]

[size=]Eagle Airways[/size] which is based out of Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Intl Airport started official operations on the 1st of January 2015. You may have seen some of our team flying around already as we're about 40% complete on our scheduling of the new airline. The team at Albuquerque have been great hosts so far in getting to know us and where we park as well as the team at Atlanta. Our main focus of course is operations here in the North American region with operations in Central and South America as well.

I did want to ask for support on one minor issue that keeps presenting itself with some of the controllers we come across which is our callsign. Our callsign was presented by one of our team members and agreed upon by a majority of our team ( it's not even the one I picked ) which is "ADLER"

ADLER, pronounced [size=]"Add-ler"[/size] is a surname of German origin meaning eagle, hence Eagle Airways. We're aware there is another Eagle Airlines out there that already uses the callsign "Eagle" and also wanted to separate ourselves from EGF "Eagle Flight" which I still see people fly on the network.

As always... love flying with you guys and look forward to supporting your events with the new airline and visiting your airports soon! Thanks for the support!

Chris McGee

• Members
    • View Profile
Eagle Airways
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 04:09:19 PM »
Nice work as usual Lloyd! Keep up the good work.

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Eagle Airways
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:29:08 AM »
I was glad I read this before controlling my couple of Adlers tonight     Note that the ICAO prefix is EAW.

Lloyd Boyette

• Members
    • View Profile
Eagle Airways
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 04:00:26 AM »
Beautiful weather you guys had last night! Always a pleasure flying into Boston

Quote from: Don Desfosse
I was glad I read this before controlling my couple of Adlers tonight     Note that the ICAO prefix is EAW.