Linked Events

• A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood FNO: March 20, 2020

[03/20/2020 2300-0300Z] A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood FNO

Jonathan Johnson

• ZOB Staff
    • View Profile
[03/20/2020 2300-0300Z] A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood FNO
« on: February 15, 2020, 06:05:22 PM »

Won't you be my neighbor? On March 20th, 1928, the world was gifted with a child by the name of Fred McFeely Rogers. He would go on to create one of the greatest preschool television series, known as Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. The show would run for 33 years (ending in 2001), and would focus on many developmental aspects of life (including death, moving, divorce, and even war). The show would be the second longest running children's show ever, and one of the most unforgettable for most all of us today.

Come and join us on March 20th, from 2300z to 0300z, at Pittsburgh International (KPIT), as we celebrate the life of Mr. Rogers.

More info to come!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:16:37 PM by Jonathan Johnson »

Jonathan Johnson
Cleveland ARTCC Events Coordinator
VATUSA Events Team
[email protected]

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: [03/20/2020 2300-0300Z] A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood FNO
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 11:11:15 PM »
I tried leaving this feedback on the Cleveland ARTCC website, but, got the below linked error.  So, here it is:

I just wanted to say thanks to ALL of the controllers who worked the FNO tonight, but particularly to your Departure controller.  The strange times we live in right now added a ton more traffic than I think the event might have really been ready for, and it was obvious that the workload was stressful for everyone.  The service we received was far from perfect but the controller kept a positive attitude and a smile throughout, and was a joy to work with for our arrival and departure to and from Allegheny (KAGC).  Hope to work with you all again soon.  Thanks for sticking it out!  Stay safe out there!

https://i.imgur.com/wB1fqSb.jpg
Cheers,
-R.

Jonathan Johnson

• ZOB Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 05:41:02 AM »
Thank you for the kind words!! I was mentioning to others how all of you that flew into AGC were great and understanding! We did have a crazy workload and a few things to work around (a switch in controllers for tracon), but I really do appreciate your patience as we tried to get you guys down over there! Definitely hope to see you guys soon!

EDIT: I should also note I've let our webmaster about the feedback issue!

Jonathan Johnson
VATUSA Events Team
[email protected]

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »
My one and only critique -- I had **PLENTY** of time to depart AGC 28 while that Skyhawk was on final.    :P    LOL.
Cheers,
-R.

Jonathan Johnson

• ZOB Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 10:16:35 PM »
I'm glad you recorded the video too haha!! And I did forget about you at times trying to coordinate some Pittsburgh departures (and as you saw AGC tower was siging off for a switch in approach controllers we were working with). I had a few guys departing to the east that caused handoff confusion. Those guys proceeding to Tyroo were giving us a huge challenge as to who I should handoff to. But yeah I'm glad you enjoyed the event and glad you could give me the challenge as well!!

Jonathan Johnson
VATUSA Events Team
[email protected]