Vatsim membership help

Bryon Melvin

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim membership help
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:50:28 AM »
Hi,

I have been a member of vatsim for a while now, but for some reason my account was suspended because the membership manager says I have another account that uses my ip address and my computer... Problem is that the account that he says is mine isn't so I have no way to get onto vatsim. For some reason I am still able to login with my suspended one on the forum so I figured I'd ask for some advice. He is not being very helpful so I was wondering if anyone on here has had the same issue or could point me in the right direction?. Just looking to get back online and fly/maybe become a controller. Thanks!

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim membership help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:01:47 AM »
Bryon,

Posting a new topic here is not the appropriate avenue for you to resume using the network.

Brian Pryor

William Lewis

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim membership help
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:39:21 AM »

Byron,

What you are experiencing is a protection system against multiple accounts. VATSIM Membership management can assist you by opening a ticket at http://membership.vatsim.net/user/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:05:09 PM by William A Lewis »
Former ZTL Air Traffic Manager
Former ZID Training Admin

Bryon Melvin

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim membership help
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »
Thanks William. My other question is has anyone ever had their account hacked/had an old one been given to someone else by vatsim? Or does vatsim never give old accounts to new members?

William Lewis

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim membership help
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »
Quote from: Bryon Melvin
Thanks William. My other question is has anyone ever had their account hacked/had an old one been given to someone else by vatsim? Or does vatsim never give old accounts to new members?

Each is assigned a unique VATSIM account. The only time I have heard of someone getting access to another account would be if the original user mishandled their CID and password. I would not consider that a hack but rather the users fault for not keeping thier passwords secret.
Former ZTL Air Traffic Manager
Former ZID Training Admin

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
Vatsim membership help
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
Quote from: William A Lewis
Each is assigned a unique VATSIM account. The only time I have heard of someone getting access to another account would be if the original user mishandled their CID and password. I would not consider that a hack but rather the users fault for not keeping thier passwords secret.

And just as a point of clarification, VATSIM does NOT "re-cycle" old member accounts. Whenever a member account becomes dead, it is NEVER re-used or re-issued to anyone at any time.
Gary Millsaps - VATUSA1
"Mr. Charles Darwin had the balls to ask... yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." R.E.M.

Bryon Melvin

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim membership help
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
Ok that all makes sense. Trying to get the issue resolved, just waiting to hear back from a higher up to see if he can help me prove I'm the sole user of the account and not some made up person. I just don't get how someone can have used my computer physically if I don't know them/I have never used Vatsim on this computer yet. Kind of frustrating but we'll see. Thanks again for all the info