Questions, Comments

Fred Clausen

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabartcc.org
Questions, Comments
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2009, 01:11:58 PM »
Quote from: Brian Sperduto
Just was able to figure out what the problem was there, you should be able to get in now.

All appears 10-4 now, thanks Brian.

Shawn Goldsworthy

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2009, 01:19:12 PM »
The new forums look good Brian. I do have one suggestion. Any chance we can create a forum for the Facility Engineers so they can discuss sector files, also a forum for the Webmasters would be great too so they can discuss their website techie code type stuff.  Gerry at ZLA said he would be more than happy to help out the other web guys with anything website related. Training has a forum, events have a forum, the FE and Webmasters are technically staff too, we should gear something up for them as there seems to be no communication between those behind the scenes guys.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:21:56 PM by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Brandon Bartell

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2009, 01:45:35 PM »
Quote from: Shawn Goldsworthy
The new forums look good Brian. I do have one suggestion. Any chance we can create a forum for the Facility Engineers so they can discuss sector files, also a forum for the Webmasters would be great too so they can discuss their website techie code type stuff.  Gerry at ZLA said he would be more than happy to help out the other web guys with anything website related. Training has a forum, events have a forum, the FE and Webmasters are technically staff too, we should gear something up for them as there seems to be no communication between those behind the scenes guys.

That is a great. Idea I know that there is a lot of intercommunication when working on website. When I work on the Atlanta sites I often find my self emailing other webmasters to get snippets of code or just to see what the best way they implemented a new feature.

Davor Kusec

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »
Everything looks good in my opinion and I agree with others who suggest that the ARTCC forums should redirect to the individual ARTCC sponsored forums that they have created.  

Blue skies

Davor

Christopher Pippin

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2009, 04:04:47 PM »
Shawn, spectacular idea.  I personally have never thought of that but looking now that would be a tremendous help to all Webmasters and FE's out there.  The saying still goes, 'someone always knows more than you' so why not use that to our advantage.

A+ in my book of opinions.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:03:54 PM by Christopher Pippin »

Ricardo Sosa

• Members
    • View Profile
    • vZTL ARTCC
Questions, Comments
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »
So, I'm guessing the Staff forums will be integrated into here?

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
Questions, Comments
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »
They already are...

Brandon Bartell

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
What does the VATUSA staff think about the idea about the Webmaster and Facilities forum. I think that it could even be a public forum.

Gary Monis

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »

Wow awesome forums  Good job guys sorry im late hehe

Shawn Fitts

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 03:52:52 PM »
Brian,

Great work! Looks really good. I think our pulling away from the VATSIM forums makes us a little more independent.

I am still waiting on staff user rights if you could handle that please.

Shawn

Shawn Goldsworthy

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2009, 06:19:02 PM »
Ok who is in charge of spelling?

I think our forum should be "Los Angeles" not "Los Angles"  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:20:03 PM by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
Questions, Comments
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »
Ok who is in charge of spelling?

I think our forum should be "Los Angeles" not "Los Angles"

Heh...sorry about that guys...the dictionary was offline that day...

Shawn Goldsworthy

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »
Quote from: Gary Millsaps
Heh...sorry about that guys...the dictionary was offline that day...

Hah, and all this time i thought you were a dictionary.

Michael Detmold

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Shawn Goldsworthy)--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE (Shawn Goldsworthy)[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I do have one suggestion. Any chance we can create a forum for the Facility Engineers so they can discuss sector files, also a forum for the Webmasters would be great too so they can discuss their website techie code type stuff. Gerry at ZLA said he would be more than happy to help out the other web guys with anything website related. Training has a forum, events have a forum, the FE and Webmasters are technically staff too, we should gear something up for them as there seems to be no communication between those behind the scenes guys.[/quote]

Yes, excellent idea. I've found gathering information on the arcane world of facility engineering to be rather difficult, its sort of like a fine trade, passed on from generation to generation...without teaching resources readily available for those seeking to learn.

Justin A. Martin

• Members
    • View Profile
Questions, Comments
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2009, 07:48:59 PM »
Hah, and all this time i thought you were a dictionary.

Wait... he's not?