(re)passed basic exam, question about profile status

Daniel Corbe

• Members
    • View Profile
(re)passed basic exam, question about profile status
« on: September 21, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »
I'm still marked as an Observer after I retook and passed my ATC Basic exam.  How do I get my status updated to S1 so I can join an ARTCC?

Josh Glottmann

• Mentors
    • View Profile
Re: (re)passed basic exam, question about profile status
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 05:15:12 PM »
You don't need (or get) the S1 rating in order to join an ARTCC.
You join as an observer, and with sufficient training and passing necessary exams, you will earn your S1 rating (and thus be able to control).

Now that you have passed, you can join an ARTCC here.
Good luck!

Dylan Helmer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »
I have followed these steps linked above and do not show a "join facility" link in the my vatusa tab. Only shows transfer request?

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
I have followed these steps linked above and do not show a "join facility" link in the my vatusa tab. Only shows transfer request?

Once you have joined a facility, any subsequent joins are via transfer requests.  So even though you aren't in a facility at present, you need to submit a transfer request to join one.

Dylan Helmer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:18 PM »
I submitted a request for transfer and it links me now saying "Why can't I join a facility?" and shows two red x's on

Do you have pending transfers?
If the above are all green, you are eligible to submit a transfer request. Are you eligible?

I'm not sure why this isn't working nor join facility hasn't shown up.

Aaron Schwartz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »
I submitted a request for transfer and it links me now saying "Why can't I join a facility?" and shows two red x's on

Do you have pending transfers?
If the above are all green, you are eligible to submit a transfer request. Are you eligible?

I'm not sure why this isn't working nor join facility hasn't shown up.

That is because you have already submitted a transfer request to ZSE.
Aaron Schwartz
Former Seattle Air Traffic Manager

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 06:30:27 PM »
Yep, once you've submitted a transfer request, you can't submit another.... ;)
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »

I can't remember since I haven't clicked the button in some time and it was on the old site:  Is there a way to cancel a request once it has been submitted?  If not, perhaps there should be in the event that somebody has a brain-fart and inadvertently chooses the wrong facility.

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »

I can't remember since I haven't clicked the button in some time and it was on the old site:  Is there a way to cancel a request once it has been submitted?  If not, perhaps there should be in the event that somebody has a brain-fart and inadvertently chooses the wrong facility.

Given the amount of backend work that occurs during transfers, the status quo of submitting a support request asking to have it cancelled is the way to go.  A number of systems utilize the API to track and handle transfers.  A cancellation will likely break a number of them.

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 10:36:20 PM »

Given the amount of backend work that occurs during transfers, the status quo of submitting a support request asking to have it cancelled is the way to go.  A number of systems utilize the API to track and handle transfers.  A cancellation will likely break a number of them.

Fair enough reason.  If nothing else, it might make a good wish-list item for some future iteration of the web services, such that it could be automated downstream as well.