Linked Events

• BVA GA Fly-in: "New Hampshire" - MHT & ASH: May 14, 2019

[14 May 2019 2000-2300ET] BVA GA Fly-in: Manchester (MHT) & Nashua (ASH)

Josh Nunn

• ZBW Staff
    • View Profile

Set the parking brake on the airliner and knock the cobwebs off your favorite general aviation aircraft! The General Aviation Fly-In visits locales across the country that are famous for their scenery and general aviation influence. While anything from a single engine Cessna to a regional jet is welcome in this event, ‘low and slow’ offers the best opportunity to experience the scenery.

During the event, local air traffic control is staffed at smaller Class C and D airports, with overlying radar controllers to provide VFR Flight Following and IFR services. Fly VFR closed traffic, practice instrument approaches, or fly VFR or IFR between the featured airports: the choice is yours.

This GA Fly-in features Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (KMHT) and Nashua Airport at Boire Field (KASH).

Local Time: May 14, 2019 2000-2300ET
Zulu Time: May 15, 2019 0000-0300z

For more information, please visit the GA Fly-in page.

Josh Nunn
Training Administrator
[email protected]

Alex Mollen

• Members
    • View Profile
I'm a long-time simmer and real-life PPL but a VATSim newbie. I had a blast flying from Martha's Vineyard to Manchester. I took your advise to go low and slow, a Piper Cherokee at 4000 feet, loved it! I took a long route to avoid the Boston Class B and was in the soup most of the way, but the approach had ceilings of about 2500 feet so no major challenge there.

Very impressed by the level of professionalism of the controllers, hope to join that crowd soon (I already signed up for the training).

One question: even though this was a GA event, Boston Center was actually 80% busy with airliners. Is it that airline pilots that consciously fly to places with GA events because they'll know the ATC will be staffed? It certainly added to the realism, so I don't mind!