Missing Exam Assignments

Missing Exam Assignments
« on: August 20, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »
I've received a couple emails so far... if you were assigned an exam prior to 6:00AM Central on 8/20/2016, your assignment was not transferred over to the new site as stipulated at http://www.vatusa.net/forums/index.php?topic=5446.0.  The reason is due to the drastic differences in the databases and the way exams are handled and assigned.

What do I do?
Please contact your instructor or facility staff and request the exam be reassigned.

What exams were affected?
All except for the entry Basic ATC Exam.  This includes facility exams, SOP exams and rating exams.

What changed?
The exams allow test creators to define the percentage required to pass (50, 60, 70, 80%, etc), the waiting period between retakes (1-14 days), etc.  The handling of questions and answers is much smarter in that special characters no longer randomly flag an answer as incorrect.  The code is much more efficient in the back-end.

William Inman

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Exam Assignments
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:31:26 AM »
After failing the Basic test, I have not seen the retest come up after 7 days. The 7 days spanned the new site launch.

Also, when trying to generate a ticket, there is an error with the anti-spam system that prevents me from posting a ticket. The image does not come up, there is just an error line.

The error is: SPAM Prevention: *    An internal error occurred: 53AAB919CC3F1.A803FD4.9802BE74

Thank you,

William Inman

Re: Missing Exam Assignments
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:02:52 PM »
Support system capthca is external and working for me.

Basic exams work the same as the rest and need to be manually assigned by the student initially or if it expires. There should be a link that says "Request Basic ATC Exam" under "My VATUSA" to do so.