Need Training

Chris Parker

• Members
    • View Profile
Need Training
« on: April 17, 2010, 09:47:37 AM »
Well Im a returning controller. I have the S2 rating, but i would feel better if i was dropped back down to ground/delivery because i dont recall ever even controlling as  a ground controller. Pretty much I wanna start my training all over again. Well VATSIM has changed alot since i was last here, so i need to be pointed in the right direction to restart training. Thank you!

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Need Training
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:23:51 AM »
Quote from: Christopher Parker
Well Im a returning controller. I have the S2 rating, but i would feel better if i was dropped back down to ground/delivery because i dont recall ever even controlling as  a ground controller. Pretty much I wanna start my training all over again. Well VATSIM has changed alot since i was last here, so i need to be pointed in the right direction to restart training. Thank you!
Christopher,

Welcome back! To start training, you're going to need to be placed into an ARTCC. Go to the home page (click the banner above), and login using your VATSIM CID and VATSIM password. Then mouse over My VATUSA on the site menu, and click ARTCC Transfer. Select the ARTCC you'd like to join, and click submit. The ARTCC will then send you further information within the next 72 hours.

VATUSA does not have the academy anymore as it used to in past years. I'm not sure how long you've been at this, so maybe you already knew that. Also, your rating does not force you to control any particular position. Instead, you are allowed to control any position up to and including TWR. If you'd like to stick to DEL or GND or both, feel free to do so. However, I would recommend getting refresher training by your ARTCC training staff when you are placed onto its roster prior to controlling again.

Chris Parker

• Members
    • View Profile
Need Training
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:03:31 AM »
Quote from: Harold Rutila
Christopher,

Welcome back! To start training, you're going to need to be placed into an ARTCC. Go to the home page (click the banner above), and login using your VATSIM CID and VATSIM password. Then mouse over My VATUSA on the site menu, and click ARTCC Transfer. Select the ARTCC you'd like to join, and click submit. The ARTCC will then send you further information within the next 72 hours.

VATUSA does not have the academy anymore as it used to in past years. I'm not sure how long you've been at this, so maybe you already knew that. Also, your rating does not force you to control any particular position. Instead, you are allowed to control any position up to and including TWR. If you'd like to stick to DEL or GND or both, feel free to do so. However, I would recommend getting refresher training by your ARTCC training staff when you are placed onto its roster prior to controlling again.

Thank you very much! I put in a transfer request to go to ZME, so Im just waiting for the application to join ZME to be approved. I just dont know how to contact a training staff member.

Tommy Rogers

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Need Training
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:32:31 PM »
Quote from: Christopher Parker
Thank you very much! I put in a transfer request to go to ZME, so Im just waiting for the application to join ZME to be approved. I just dont know how to contact a training staff member.

That information usually is the welcome email that you receive when your transfer is approved.
Tommy Rogers, C-3
ZOB Air Traffic Manager
Vatsim Supervisor