ZBW Notam

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« on: August 04, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »
First off, and no offense intended towards anyone, but was the mass "NOTAM" email about the ZBW ATM position really necessary?  There aren't mass "NOTAM" emails sent out about all the other ARTCC positions that open up in VATUSA.

Secondly, and this is what really has me annoyed, has anyone had trouble with the above mentioned email?  I received 2 copies of it.  One I was able to delete, the other I wasn't.  The second email can't be opened, moved, or deleted.  When I try I get "An Unknown Error Has Occurred".  Anyone else having this issue?

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:39:18 PM »
Quote from: Paul Biderman
First off, and no offense intended towards anyone, but was the mass "NOTAM" email about the ZBW ATM position really necessary?  There aren't mass "NOTAM" emails sent out about all the other ARTCC positions that open up in VATUSA.

Secondly, and this is what really has me annoyed, has anyone had trouble with the above mentioned email?  I received 2 copies of it.  One I was able to delete, the other I wasn't.  The second email can't be opened, moved, or deleted.  When I try I get "An Unknown Error Has Occurred".  Anyone else having this issue?

Hi Paul . I think that may have something to do with the new website. I'm guessing you're using Outlook or Windows Mail or something, and it sounds like that's a problem on your end. Using GMail and the ZDV webmail site, I could delete it, but only received one message.

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »
Quote from: Harold Rutila
Hi Paul . I think that may have something to do with the new website. I'm guessing you're using Outlook or Windows Mail or something, and it sounds like that's a problem on your end. Using GMail and the ZDV webmail site, I could delete it, but only received one message.

Hi Harold.

It was a Windows Live Mail problem and I was able to fix it.  Apparently the outbox was messed up.  Once I sent another email all worked fine.

Still doesn't answer the first question.  We'll just chalk it up to....

Alex Bailey

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 03:51:54 PM »
I'm going to see what happened. I don't believe NOTAMs should be sent for this purpose so please accept my apologies for the email. If we did it for one, we'd have to do it for all. Not the road I'm willing to travel.  

FYI, I didn't get it yet. I know they go out in batches, so would someone forward it to me?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:52:29 PM by Alex Bailey »

Tom Seeley

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 05:09:07 PM »
Just FWIW, I didn't receive it either.

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 06:54:40 PM »
Quote from: Tom Seeley
Just FWIW, I didn't receive it either.

That's strange.  I've already deleted both of the ones I got.  I also wondered why a NOTAM would be sent out but the job opening isn't posted on the VATUSA website or in this forum.  Almost seemed like  an erroneous email or something.

And I agree.  If we're going to send out NOTAMs about one ATM opening, we have to do it for all, and then we'd end up sending them for every ARTCC staff opening out there.  Keep posting them on the forum and the VATUSA website.  That's enough.  Everyone who is interested in a staff position knows where to look to see what's available.  

Shawn Fitts

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »
Quote from: Alex Bailey
I'm going to see what happened. I don't believe NOTAMs should be sent for this purpose so please accept my apologies for the email. If we did it for one, we'd have to do it for all. Not the road I'm willing to travel.  

FYI, I didn't get it yet. I know they go out in batches, so would someone forward it to me?

Are you still in need of a copy Alex?

Alex Bailey

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 03:32:05 PM »
No, I got a copy. Thanks though! I never did receive the original...

John Cierpial

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 08:20:01 PM »
Alex,

Any chance it can be found who sent it if it wasn't you?

Dan Everette

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 08:51:52 PM »
Man, I sure hope nobody's "job" in this division is in jeopardy over this... A mistake was/may have been made, and instead of sending a polite e-mail asking what's going on, the decision is made to whine like a 9 year old school girl on the forum for having to click the delete button on their e-mail.

Oh the humanity.. The network is coming to an end...

Alex Bailey

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 11:46:11 PM »
Joe, I know who it was of course. It really isn't a big deal and I'm not sure why anyone would be upset. I'm beginning to think we may send a NOTAM for ATM openings. The more members we can reach the better. It can only improve upon our pool of qualified applicants for the positions. I just don't want to see NOTAMs going for everything, which is something we will certainly avoid.  

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »
Quote from: Dan Everette
Man, I sure hope nobody's "job" in this division is in jeopardy over this... A mistake was/may have been made, and instead of sending a polite e-mail asking what's going on, the decision is made to whine like a 9 year old school girl on the forum for having to click the delete button on their e-mail.

Oh the humanity.. The network is coming to an end...

LOL.  Good one Dan!     Stuff like this is why I avoid the VATSIM forums.  You obviously didn't read my original post or understand why I made it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:59:42 AM by Paul Biderman »

John Cierpial

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 08:13:04 PM »
Alex,

I certainly am not "upset" about the NOTAM being sent. However, I do disagree about the NOTAM improving upon the pool of qualified members because the NOTAM is sent out to ALL VATUSA members, including many more than those who should be considered "eligible" for such important positions as ATM. I believe a better course of action would be to post openings in the appropriate region/ARTCC forums instead of sending out NOTAMs to all

Alex Bailey

• Members
    • View Profile
ZBW Notam
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 09:34:02 PM »
There are options in the NOTAM panel to send to the active controllers, or to various sections of the membership. It doesn't need to go to everyone.