What ARTCC?

Alejandro Caballero

• Members
    • View Profile
What ARTCC?
« on: December 16, 2015, 02:38:24 AM »
So i been looking at all ARTCC's website because i would like to join one. I am currently an S3 but have not controlled in years so will be starting from scratch. I, through my organization, keep hearing that some ARTCCs would rather not take any more controllers because how low on controllers they are. I would like to join an ARTCC who it not just looking at adding one more to their Roster but also be able to train a couple of times a month (hopefully more)

Is there any ARTCC out there who knows they are really active and soon enough i can be behind the scope?

Thx

Christopher Lajoie

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: What ARTCC?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »
Alex,

This is a tough question. Every ARTCC in a sense has a grace period in which you will need to catch up on your studies and get up to speed on the new policies and regulations included in the 7110.65 since your last time controlling. You need to simply ask yourself, what do you want to get out of it? There are benefits in each and every ARTCC and they vary, but one thing to keep in mind is that we all have the same expectations - and that is professionalism, realism and just as important, enjoyment. I suggest you hop on VRC/ASRC/Euroscope and observe traffic patterns, activity and talk to some controllers personally and ask what they like/dislike about their ARTCC. I am sure you will find what you are looking for, just have an open mind and be committed to the ARTCC mission and you will succeed. Let me know if you have any further questions!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:27:09 AM by Christopher Lajoie »

Kenneth Haught

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://vzanartcc.net
Re: What ARTCC?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
Wow, an answer to this question without a pimp for the persons ARTCC...I'm impressed. Great Job Chris!

Seriously though, everything Chris said is true. I would suggest exactly the same, most small-medium level ARTCC's should be able to spend a little time with you to get back to speed. Many of the large ARTCC's may not, simply because the influx of new students to those ARTCC's tends to tie up a lot of training availability (not always though). You could also send an email to the training team at whichever ARTCC you feel would be a good fit to see how active/available their particular training department is, which would let you evaluate whether or not you would be able to have that type of "refresher" in a time frame you wanted. You can do this easily now by sending an email to [email protected], simply replace xx with the ARTCC identifier.