Hawaii staff up Saturday night

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
Hawaii staff up Saturday night
« on: January 10, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »
Aloha island junkies!

Some of us guys at HCF are planning to hop on for 3 or 4 hours on Saturday evening around 2300 GMT until around 0300, or until we get tired  ;D  I have prior arrangements and will be getting on about halfway through.  Hoping to see a good group of guys!

Come do some island hopping!
Toby Rice
Jacksonville ARTCC
ACE Team | Former HCF ATM | Former ATC Instructor

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: Hawaii staff up Saturday night
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »
UAL1497 and I are in a race, apparently.
Cheers,
-R.

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:21:23 AM »
Update: he won.  :-)   But I managed to get my plane on the ground without moving any large piles of rock, so it was a win/win.  :-)

Fun times, guys -- thanks for the consideration of putting this informal gathering together & having the foresight to let us know about it!  Looking forward to more like it!
Cheers,
-R.

Cole Connelly

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 03:27:05 PM »
Update: he won.  :-)   But I managed to get my plane on the ground without moving any large piles of rock, so it was a win/win.  :-)

Fun times, guys -- thanks for the consideration of putting this informal gathering together & having the foresight to let us know about it!  Looking forward to more like it!
Thanks for taking the time to fly Rob, I hope we can host a few more races for you and see you get that checkered flag ;) ! We hope you can join us for a $100 hamburger in our event, Wednesday, and I hope we see you in many future events.

Mahalo!
Cole Connelly
Controller - C1

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:16:51 PM »
We hope you can join us for a $100 hamburger in our event, Wednesday, and I hope we see you in many future events.
No promises, but, I definitely saw it & it's already on my calendar :)   Got some practice in my DC-3 ("Dutch" Owen variation) tonight just for the occasion!  I'm thinking I may even try to use the opportunity to do a YouTube video highlighting the plane -- it's one of my very favorite freeware mods in FSX, nearly as good as anything PMDG makes.
Cheers,
-R.