v7340.2 ISR

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
v7340.2 ISR
« on: February 11, 2020, 08:21:17 PM »
UPDATE 08MAR2020:
Here is the File. I won't have it here forever.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/090rawcbw5zelda/3LD%20TELEPHONY%20v7340_2.zip?dl=0

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello All,

I am in need of the collective knowledge here.

At ZLC, we have a command that opens your browser to a webpage that tells you the aircrafts telephony. It is not the most efficient method for finding this information so we wish to upgrade it to what we coined as an "In-Scope Reference (ISR)" message.

This ISR would return both the 3 Letter Identifier (3LD) and Telephony of an air-carrier within the scopes frequency text box so that nobody other than the user can see this information. (for those that are familiar, it is simply an override message to yourself)

The command will be just .id. Then without a space, the user would type out either the 3LD of the carrier in question or the name they heard the pilot refer to themselves as.

Example:

.idBAW (enter)

or

.idSPEEDBIRD (enter)

would return in the scope:

“3LD: BAW ____ Telephony: SPEEDBIRD”

The data will be based off of the FAA JO Order 7340.2 but I wish to include common fake airlines and various uses of these 3LDs.

Please use this form to submit any of the following. The more the better.
https://forms.gle/t1MA1VX5MBBn2juh9

1) A virtual airline that uses a real world Telephony but not the real world 3LD. Example: One of the major Delta Virtual Airlines goes by “Delta” Telephony but uses DVA as their 3LD instead of the real world DAL.

2) A virtual airline that uses a real world 3LD but uses a different Telephony on VATSIM. Example: Canadian Express Virtual Airlines uses the 3LD of CXA which is “XIAMEN AIR” in real world.

3)  A virtual airline that uses a fictitious 3LD and airline name. Example: 3LD: VVX, Telephony: Example Air

When I am done with the alias file, I will share it here as an edit to this OP and as a reply to this thread.
Example of the ISR attached
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:59:18 AM by Kyle Sanders »
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Dhruv Kalra

• ZMP Staff
    • View Profile
Re: v7340.2 ISR
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 11:13:52 AM »
1) A virtual airline that uses a real world Telephony but not the real world 3LD. Example: One of the major Delta Virtual Airlines goes by “Delta” Telephony but uses DVA as their 3LD instead of the real world DAL.
This is incorrect. DVA pilots using DVA are doing so contrary to the airline’s policies. The DVA#### is a strictly internal identification at DVA and they should be using DAL or the appropriate Connection carrier callsign on the network.
Dhruv Kalra
ZMP ATM | Instructor | Grumpy Old Man

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 11:17:13 AM »
This is incorrect. DVA pilots using DVA are doing so contrary to the airline’s policies. The DVA#### is a strictly internal identification at DVA and they should be using DAL or the appropriate Connection carrier callsign on the network.

Ah, I didn’t know this. I did assume that it was their policy to fly under that 3LD due to the amount of pilots doing so. However, with the massive amount of pilots that do so, do you think it would be a good idea to put it into this ISR?
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Daniel Everman

• ZMP Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 11:31:55 AM »
DVA will forever be discovery air so long as there are pilots misguided enough to fly under it as Delta
Daniel Everman
ZMP FE #retired | Grill Enthusiast

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 11:34:36 AM »
DVA will forever be discovery air so long as there are pilots misguided enough to fly under it as Delta

😂

Sad ignorant question here... if this is such an issue, has anyone reached out to the VA to encourage them to educate their pilots and possibly even make it a policy to not fly a DVA 3LD?
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »
So it is ordered.

Sad ignorant question here... if this is such an issue, has anyone reached out to the VA to encourage them to educate their pilots and possibly even make it a policy to not fly a DVA 3LD?

Yes.
VATUSA Deputy Director Emeritus
Former ZDC ATM, DATM, TA & WM
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 5

Dhruv Kalra

• ZMP Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 02:00:35 PM »
It already is the policy. As Ron White so eloquently put it, “you can’t fix stupid”.
Dhruv Kalra
ZMP ATM | Instructor | Grumpy Old Man

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 12:59:51 AM »
UPDATE 08MAR2020:
The OP has a DB download link.
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Antony Radley

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 03:57:39 PM »
ZLA's info tool is handy for this not sure if you have checked it out
Oakland ARTCC - Events Coordinator

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »
ZLA's info tool is handy for this not sure if you have checked it out

I have. It used to crash a lot and the entire idea of ISR (in-scope reference) is to not have to go to another program. But it was an awesome tool while I used it.
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders