• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
[DEC 30] Going Back to Houston [CYYZ-KIAH]
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:11:06 PM »

Attention VATSIM Pilots:

Do you like International flights?!

Do you like ATC on long flights?!

WELL THIS EVENT MIGHT BE FOR YOU!!

Join The Toronto CF and the Houston ARTCC as we send pilots on their way from beautiful Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Houston, Texas, United States. Fly from CYYZ to KIAH with full center staffing en-route with the help of our friends from ZOB, ZID, ZME, ZTL, and ZFW!

Departures from CYYZ have a window of 2200z-0000z and ZHU will be staffed from 0000z-0500z.

Arrivals into KIAH should plan for either the DOOBI2 or ZEEKK1 arrival (for standard flow on 26L, 26R, 27), or GESNR1 or SKNRD4 arrival (for east flow on 8L, 8R, 9).

Suggested Routes include:

MIXUT4 GNTRY DJB DUTSH Q29 CREEP PXV J131 LIT J180 SWB DOOBI2 / ZEEKK1 / GESNR1 / SKNRD4

BETES2 ERI APE FLM BWG SQS AEX DOOBI2 / ZEEKK1 / GESNR1 / SKNRD4

All pilots flying in this event, please plan your route through either SWB or AEX. If your filed arrival does not correspond with current flow at KIAH, you will recieve rerouting instructions prior to either SWB or AEX.
Evan Bradley
Your favorite Texas Enthusiast

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: [DEC 30] Going Back to Houston [CYYZ-KIAH]
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:57 AM »
**forehead smack**  nice flight, shaky approach, horrifyingly bad first landing attempt, ridiculously awful go-around.  made myself look like a complete horse's you-know-what right at the very end of the event.  The Approach controller whose name I didn't catch (Josue, maybe?) was gracious enough to stick around until issuing my second landing clearance.  I'm sure at least one of the ZHU staff thought I timed it as I did on purpose because of that other thread I started, but, no -- just bad timing followed by gross incompetence, all on my part (which was complicated, no doubt, by a couple glasses of wine... d'ohh!).

Aaaaaaaaanywho, although I bucked the trend and came in from the northeast, my hat's off to all of the ZHU guys I talked to there at the end.  Well done, especially toward the finale of what I know must have been a long night.
Cheers,
-R.