Where should I visit?

Aaron Stranathan

• Members
    • View Profile
Where should I visit?
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:40:11 AM »
I am currently working on my s3 and want to get an idea of which artcc I am going to visit once I earn it and get a little bit of practice in.

Merik Nanish

• Members
    • View Profile
Where should I visit?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »
If you want to expand on your knowledge and skills, and are up for new challenges, I recommend that you visit those ARTCCs that have complex airspaces, such as ZNY, ZDC, or ZOA. These all have major airports that are very close to each other and get a lot of traffic (e.g. JFK/LGA/EWR in ZNY, or BWI/DCA/IAD in ZDC, or SFO/OAK in ZOA). This means you not only see a good deal of traffic and gain experience, but also learn how complex airspaces interact with each other.
ZNY Facility Engineer and Mentor

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
Where should I visit?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »
Merik is very correct. Those ARTCCs have very tricky airspace systems in place and are a lot of fun. Obviously I have to through out my ARTCC here, if you want a challenge with MVA's and mountainous terrain, ZLC ARTCC is really the place to be. ZDV also would be a great choice with those aspects.

Good luck!
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Zachary Beard

• Members
    • View Profile
Where should I visit?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:47:17 PM »
Visit ZDV, where real men control.

ZY

[img]http://www.animationmagazine.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Popeye-post-new1.jpg\\\" border=\\\"0\\\" class=\\\"linked-image\\\" /]

Ryan Parry

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Where should I visit?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:49:29 PM »
Visit where ever you think you'd have the most fun. If Los Angles sounds like a place you might enjoy, give them a try, or if Dallas sounds neat, try them. Ultimately it's your choice, so just try to pick a place that sounds interesting to you.
Ryan Parry - 965346
Pilot Central