TMU Notices!

Blake Nahin

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • VATSIM VATUSA Division
TMU Notices!
« on: December 27, 2019, 02:26:50 AM »
Similar to the FAA OIS, TMU Notices allow facilities to communicate ground stops, delays, routing, etc. to other facilities. This is especially useful during events or busy periods. For VATUSA purposes, this will be also be called N.T.O.S.: National Traffic Operations Status.

Facility staff members have access to manage Notices for each sector that your facility has a TMU map for. Active notices can be found on the public-facing TMU Notices page, linked under TMU Maps.

On another note, all timestamps on the website are now in UTC for consistency.

Nolan Danziger

• ZFW Staff
    • View Profile
Re: TMU Notices!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 04:27:01 PM »
Blake,

Really cool that we finally have something like this, give a pat on the back to yourself/whoever is deserving. That said, a few comments.

1) Am I (a staff member at a random facility) supposed to have the ability to edit/remove other facilities initiatives? The buttons are there for me to, but I didn't want to actually test if I had the ability.

2) I also found it a little non-intuitive to go to the TMU management page and not the page where the notices are posted. I'm assuming this has something to do with hiding it behind permissions, but imo, it would be easier to have a button on the NTOS page to add a new one.

Just my $0.02... I think this is a huge step forward, especially if there are other ways to integrate this into our own websites or tools.

Blake Nahin

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • VATSIM VATUSA Division
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 04:40:05 PM »
1) Am I (a staff member at a random facility) supposed to have the ability to edit/remove other facilities initiatives? The buttons are there for me to, but I didn't want to actually test if I had the ability.
No, this is a bug and will be fixed soon.

2) I also found it a little non-intuitive to go to the TMU management page and not the page where the notices are posted. I'm assuming this has something to do with hiding it behind permissions, but imo, it would be easier to have a button on the NTOS page to add a new one.
This was done to follow the current style of having all management functionality on separate pages under the Actions tab. I will add a button that links to the management page.

...especially if there are other ways to integrate this into our own websites or tools.
TMU Notices have been fully integrated into the API, so facilities can manage their notices from their own websites and applications. The API also includes endpoints to retrieve notices without authentication.

Nolan Danziger

• ZFW Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 05:41:52 PM »
Awesome work, Blake ;D

Mike Fries

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 05:56:33 PM »
This is great!