Clarification on transfers and visiting

Colin Zhang

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: June 28, 2009, 08:07:52 PM »
(also posted on main VATSIM forums, whichever post someone with the answer sees first )

Hi guys, I have been reviewing the VATUSA policies and wanted clarification on these things:

1. I joined ZOA around 4/27 as my first ARTCC. Before I can transfer to another ARTCC within VATUSA I must wait 90 days, correct?
---I plan on transferring hopefully to ZSE and was wondering if this policy applied because ZOA is my first assigned ARTCC. I realize there is a 30-day window to apply for a transfer however I am unsure how to proceed as I am outside the 30-day window but have not reached the 90-day minimum for other transfers.

2. If I were to visit outside of VATUSA/VATNA, does the 50% time controlling at your home ARTCC rule still count?
---I plan on also visiting occasionally at VATASIA's Mainland China vACCs and would like some clarification on this note.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:46:33 PM by Colin Zhang »
Colin Zhang (ZSE_CZ)
Seattle ARTCC S3 - Mentor

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:19:37 PM »
Quote from: Colin Zhang
(also posted on main VATSIM forums, whichever post someone with the answer sees first )

Hi guys, I have been reviewing the VATUSA policies and wanted clarification on these things:

2. If I were to visit outside of VATUSA/VATNA, does the 50% time controlling at your home ARTCC rule still count?
---I plan on also visiting occasionally at VATASIA's Mainland China vACCs and would like some clarification on this note.

Thanks!

Hi Colin,

In response to #1: I believe you now need to wait until July 27 (if 4/27 was your exact date of acceptance into ZOA) because you're outside of the 30-day window.

In response to #2: Yes.

Alex Bailey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »
Harold is correct, however, the transfer rule is 90 days so it will not always be exactly three calendar months. The same goes for the exam waiting periods.

Colin Zhang

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »
Thanks, that helped explain it nicely. Since I have just under 30 days left until I am able to transfer, if I apply to visit at ZSE first, I must wait 30 days after that before applying to transfer there?
Colin Zhang (ZSE_CZ)

Alex Bailey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »
Colin,

That policy is going to change. Go ahead and apply to visit in ZSE, if they accept you are good to go. Then submit the transfer when the 90 days (from your last transfer) have passed.

Colin Zhang

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 11:47:51 PM »
Thank you again for the help Alex, it's great to have you as VATUSA1
Colin Zhang (ZSE_CZ)