Problem with VATSIM Links?

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »
We seem to be having a problem with the VATSIM links lately.  For example new controllers certification levels are not being transferred to us.  It doesn't look to be anything on our end but I guess you never know, so I am wondering is anyone else having issues such as this?
Ira Robinson

Colin Schoen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »
Quote from: Ira Robinson
We seem to be having a problem with the VATSIM links lately.  For example new controllers certification levels are not being transferred to us.  It doesn't look to be anything on our end but I guess you never know, so I am wondering is anyone else having issues such as this?

By VATSIM links do you mean the public facing cert pages?
Colin Schoen
VATSIM Membership Manager
VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 05:50:41 PM »
Yes, please expound on the issue.  That said, I did recently get involved in one promotion that went through on 1/4 and somehow undid itself later that day.  When the ARTCC staff caught in on 1/7, it went through but stuck.  We assumed that maybe it was a processing fluke in the handoff between VATSIM and VATUSA.  If that sounds similar to your situation, please retry the promotion.  If it doesn't, please fill out a support ticket for Data Services and be as specific as possible.  Thanks!
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:35:58 PM »
I need to have mytech folks follow up on this. I was under the impression the issue was related to promotions that we were making that were not coming back through the network so our roster would not show the current cert level.

But I need to follow up on that now and get some more information before going any further.
Ira Robinson

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 08:30:04 PM »
Well, I have been told by my tech guys that it's something they have debugged and foundit to be on our end somewhere.  So much for my knowledge of network systems.  

Thanks for replying though and sorry to bother you all.
Ira Robinson