Can't log in to site

Richard Speir

• Members
    • View Profile
Can't log in to site
« on: August 07, 2014, 04:21:31 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm having issues logging into the VATUSA site. I've read that it can take up to 24 hours on several posts, so I waited before posting myself. I got my VATSIM confirmation email at 0000Z on Wednesday. It's now 0921Z on Thursday and I'm still having difficulties. Every time I try, I get the "Error: CID not found in VATUSA Division" message. I've checked my login info several times, tried three different browsers, did the Certificate Check (it says I'm correctly placed in VATUSA), requested a password reminder (I'm using the right one) and now I'm out of ideas. I've had no problems getting on the forums (obviously) and I've had no trouble logging into VATSIM via VRC (already did some observing). I'm really itching to start looking at some of the ATC training material. I haven't committed to an ARTCC yet, not sure if I need to. I was hoping to do a little uncommitted observing to see where I might want to go before I pick one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rich

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Can't log in to site
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:51:57 AM »
I'm sorry for the issues.  You have confirmed that we do have a data issue.  I have reached out to our Data Services Manager, Michael Martin (USA6), to help.  That said, all of the material you're looking for is public; the login is only required to actually sign up to become an ATC.  Hopefully Michael will answer us soon.

Bradley Grafelman

• Members
    • View Profile
Can't log in to site
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 10:35:24 AM »
In the meantime, note that the VATUSA training wiki (which may or may not be recommended/used by a given ARTCC... some of the material is slightly outdated) and the training materials of a given ARTCC should, as Don mentioned, be freely available. If you have some ARTCCs in mind, check our their websites and look around their "For Controllers" (or equivalent) sections. If you had any questions before making your selection, I'm sure most (if not all) ARTCCs' training staffs and/or ATMs would be glad to answer them.

Welcome to VATUSA! (Well, sort of... you'll be in after Don finishes docking Michael's pay until the data hiccup is resolved  )!

Richard Speir

• Members
    • View Profile
Can't log in to site
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and the information. I seen "Pilot Tools" at the top of the page and expected "ATC Tools" or something similar. I must have skimmed over the link in the middle of the page, thanks for pointing it out. I'm looking at the Basic ATC information right now. As for ARTCCs, right now I'm interested in ZJAX, because I live in Jacksonville. I spoke with an I1 from ZJAX on CTR last night via PM on VRC; he helped me with a few questions I had while things were slow, really nice/professional guy.

Kenneth Bambach

• Members
    • View Profile
Can't log in to site
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 11:39:18 PM »
Did he explain that ZJX is really the gateway to Miami?

Richard Speir

• Members
    • View Profile
Can't log in to site
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 04:36:03 AM »
Quote from: Ken Bambach
Did he explain that ZJX is really the gateway to Miami?

Haha, no he didn't, but I have kind of noticed that myself. Ever since I started looking into VATSIM I've been obsessed with KJAX because it's my home airport. Technically Cecil Field (KVQQ) would be the closest, it's 2 miles from my house, but that's class D. I've yet to see a controller staffed at KJAX, must not be a busy airport on VATSIM. All the ZJX controllers are always in Orlando. Come to think of it, KJAX isn't really that popular in real life either, mostly just departures and UPS (any package that comes into Florida goes through Jacksonville first, the same doesn't apply to passengers though). In any sense, I'm not committed to any ARTCC yet, ZJX was just my first crush. I'm going to stick to flying for now and you guys can fight for my attention later.  

Don: in case you didn't notice my reply on your news post, the original topic of this thread has been resolved. Thanks again for the speedy fix.

Kenneth Bambach

• Members
    • View Profile
Can't log in to site
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 02:32:09 PM »
KJAX does get staffed by ZJX quite regularly. You probably just have been hitting it at the wrong times. Without checking the stats, I would venture to say that JAX is staffed just as much as MCO by ZJX.