Cross the Pond 2014

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
Cross the Pond 2014
« on: October 25, 2014, 03:30:43 PM »
I want to take time out here to personally thank the controllers from the Miami ARTCC who went above and beyond today to insure that all 130 or so departures made it safely through and out of their airspace in an overall efficient and timely manner. I am sure there were a few delays, there always are, and I am sure there was some confusion between atc and pilots - there always is that too.    

But we here in ZWY want to make sure to point out that each and every aircraft that departed Miami made it safely to our airspace today and that all of them understood and complied with the changes to the oceanic clearance procedure as well.  There were questions and there were discussions, but we all made it through the day.

So a special "Thank You" to Miami ARTCC for a job well done today!
Ira Robinson

Kenneth Bambach

• Members
    • View Profile
Cross the Pond 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 12:31:48 AM »
And a special thank you to ZWY as well.  Not only did you guys have your own traffic to deal with, but our infusion of 131 departures also.  I was expecting to hold some aircraft but ZWY took every aircraft fluidly and promptly. No holds needed!

A great example of efficiency and teamwork. Kudo's to ZWY for a job also well done!
Ken Bambach
ZMA ATM

Tom Seeley

• Members
    • View Profile
Cross the Pond 2014
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »
Well done guys! That's what it's all about. [img]http://www.ltaviation.com/images/goodjob.gif\\\" border=\\\"0\\\" class=\\\"linked-image\\\" /]
Tom Seeley
Deputy Director (Retired), VATUSA

Davor Kusec

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Cross the Pond 2014
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:58:52 AM »
Kudos to ALL of the controllers that took the time out of their day to help out, especially those who woke up early to control!
Davor Kusec DK
Air Traffic Director - Northeast Region VATUSA
VATSIM Supervisor

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Cross the Pond 2014
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »
What DK said!

From my post in the vZBW forum: [!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE [/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I had an awesome time guys. Real honor to be able to participate, especially at the center level. I think everyone involved did an extremely great job with preparation and planning and then actually taking action, of course. Worked out very well and resulted in a LOT of fun. Can't wait for next time![/quote]

So, again, fantastic job to everyone involved.