ZFW/ZME LOAs out of date

Scott Norton

• Members
    • View Profile
ZFW/ZME LOAs out of date
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:53:29 AM »
Hello, I'm planning a flight KMEM-KDFW and was trying to read up on the SOPs for pilots flying between the two ARTCCs.  However, the LOA on file in both ARTCCs is 7-8 years out of date and references the Bonham (BYP) STARs which no longer exist.  I think it's time you and ZME draft a new LOA using the new RNAV STARs.  Meanwhile, what should I expect for my arrival into KDFW?  I'll be using the BRDJE arrival with a FEWWW transition.

Kris Kendrick

• Members
    • View Profile
ZFW/ZME LOAs out of date
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 12:23:41 PM »
Scott,

Thanks for flying and checking out our websites. You are correct, the LOA's are in need of updating. The LOA's are used primarily as a controller tool more than a flight planning tool for pilots. Controllers are able to deviate from LOA's with coordination, which we have to do when the LOA contains dated material.

The best tool to use as a pilot for flight planning is the FlightAware IFR Flight Analyzer:

http://flightaware.com/statistics/ifr-route/

This is a one stop shop for finding the best IFR routes and is more efficient than searching individual ARTCC websites for route and arrival/departure information.

Not speaking for ZFW, but the arrival you chose is the most used in RW flight and would appear to be the best choice. The full route most used via FlightAware information is:

CHLDR2 ANSWA LIT FEWWW BRDJE1
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:24:52 PM by Kris Kendrick »
[img]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg302/skiclash77/KrisSig1-2.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

KRIS R. KENDRICK

Brighton McMinn

• Members
    • View Profile
ZFW/ZME LOAs out of date
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 03:53:04 PM »
Quote from: Scott Norton
I think it's time you and ZME draft a new LOA using the new RNAV STARs.

Yeah, I'll get right on that. This is now task number #99 on a list of 100 other things I have to do  Meanwhile, ZHU's LOA with ZME hasn't been updated since 2001. (if it ain't broke, don't fix it.)

Quote from: Kris Kendrick
Not speaking for ZFW, but the arrival you chose is the most used in RW flight and would appear to be the best choice. The full route most used via FlightAware information is:

CHLDR2 ANSWA LIT FEWWW BRDJE1

Thanks Kris. This is what we would recommend.