Tom Seeley retirement

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Tom Seeley retirement
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 06:18:25 PM »
(Don throws barbecues every Friday behind the HQ building so if you see smoke...don't call the fire dept.)

Darn sight better than before we got smart....  I used to throw barbecues INSIDE the HQ building.... and the Fire Dept came often....  Until I rewired the fire alarm control panel to just call Hubbert's office and cell phone and let HIM decide if it was worth calling in the real Fire Dept (or if we were just going to get in more trouble)..... :D

Your vTaxDollars at work! :D

Brandon Barrett

• VATUSA Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 07:51:10 PM »
Thank you for your time committed to VATUSA Tom enjoy your retirement! Congrats Ira let me know if Don burns the burgers!     

Nicholas Cavacini

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 08:12:50 PM »
Remember, the fire alarm is actually just a cooking timer! Thanks Tom and congratulations Ira!

David Stone

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 10:14:59 AM »
Tom, sorry to see you go. Ira, congratulations.

Tony Jeppesen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 10:47:03 AM »
Sad to see you go Tom! Good luck in your endeavors and enjoy retirement.

Ira! Congrats an excellent choice!

Tom Seeley

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 10:15:23 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. It's been a good run, six years as a VATUSA staff member, and it's just time for someone else to take a crack at it. Now I'm looking forward to being just another regular member of the VATSIM system. I'm confident Ira will do an even better job than I did, so VATUSA is in good hands.  8)

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 12:58:49 PM »
I was waiting for Tom so he would have the forum to himself if he wanted the time and space, but as usual I see that he is still a man of few words.  That being the case I will put away the retirement speech I was going to give and simply remind you that his are pretty big shoes to fill, and so I am not even going to try. But those big shoes leave big marks in the ground and I will try to walk the walk following in the pattern he left behind.

So thank you for the well wishes. I already know some of you and hope to meet and work with all of you soon.

Ira

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 07:34:04 PM »
I am late with my response; my apologies.  Tom, it was truly an honor to work with you, your advice when sought was always spot on and you always provided a truthful and honest answer when I had a question.  I will truly miss you.  I certainly wish you the very best and thank you for the support that you always gave.  I am satisifed that Ira is a good replacement but I do not expect him to fill your shoes, I don't think that there is anyone who could do that.  No disrespect intended to Ira.  Ira is certainly well qualified and will have his own shoe mold to develop, I am confident that he will do well and look forward to working with him.  In the meantime, I look forward to hopefully seeing you at the before mentioned backyard Barbecue's at Don's (Fire alarms have been updated so that I can deactivate them via an app from my phone).  Please stop by my office whenever you can, there will always be top shelf bourbon at the bar.  Best Wishes