One for all, and all for one!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
One for all, and all for one!
« on: October 15, 2016, 05:36:31 PM »
I'm not sure how many people are aware, but VATCAN suffered a rather debilitating hacking attack on their website a few weeks ago, knocking them offline for a few weeks.  NAFTA aside ( :D ), VATCAN and VATUSA have had a great relationship over the years, and we staff to support each other, hold joint events, share info, etc., regularly.   

But this goes above and beyond, and makes me so proud, both of the individual involved and of VATUSA, VATCAN and VATSIM. 

As we all know, Daniel Hawton has just 6 weeks ago released his pride and joy, a brand new website that he's been working for well over a year to develop and deploy for the benefit of VATUSA.  When he learned of the VATCAN attack, however, Daniel immediately and selflessly offered all of the code for the new website to VATCAN, helped make the appropriate modifications to personalize it for VATCAN, and helped VATCAN get data services and web management back on its feet.

Many would consider their hard, successful work for one plus years to be their crown jewels, and protect them vigorously.  I have a lot of respect for folks that share in the spirit of benefiting others and advancing the hobby. 

THANK YOU, Daniel Hawton, for selflessly providing thousands of hours of hard work, incredible knowledge and talent to VATCAN to help out our neighbor in need, and thereby benefiting VATCAN, VATNA and VATSIM as a whole.
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Michael Mund-Hoym

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: One for all, and all for one!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 05:54:35 PM »
Not only does Daniels assistance and his mindset deserve a huge thank you, but they are a perfect example of how far ahead mutual support and team spirit can take us. As I love to say to VATSIM members - 'if everyone helped one other one, imagine what would be possible'.

Well done and thank you Daniel for your selflessness and helping VATCAN while they were in need. It is heartwarming to see things like this happening.

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 06:33:25 PM »
So sorry to hear about the attack on their website! That's terrible and I'll never understand why people do such things.

Daniel, you're a true role model. Although we all belong to our own ARTCCs, divisions, regions, etc. we must remember that we're all a part of this for the same purpose. What you did reminds us of that and truly shows what we can accomplish together.

Regards,

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »
Oh DANIEL, Your such a wonderful young man.
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 07:00:50 PM »
Wow I wasn't expecting this.  Thanks guys.  I just saw someone in need and saw a way I could help and am happy I was able to help them out.

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 09:21:40 PM »
That's how relationships stay strong - Thank you for upholding a positive representation of VATUSA, Daniel.
Toby Rice
Jacksonville ARTCC
ACE Team | Former HCF ATM | Former ATC Instructor

Tony Jeppesen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 10:53:23 AM »
Awesome job Daniel! Thanks for helping our neighbors out to the North!
Tony Jeppesen - C3
ZSE ARTCC

Retired VATUSA2, VATUSA7, VATUSA10

Kenneth Bambach

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 03:55:51 PM »
Nice job Daniel. I hope they gave you lifetime gift certificates to Tim Hortons for your assistance :)
Ken Bambach
ZMA ATM

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 11:10:10 PM »
Daniel, I have added a bottle of Jaegermeister to the bar in my office just for you!!!
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired