Linked Events

• Northeastern Corridor 2018: January 19, 2018

Northeastern Corridor 2018 [19JAN 2359-0500z]

Jeremy Peterson

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Northeastern Corridor 2018 [19JAN 2359-0500z]
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
Total airborne time ranged from just under 14 minutes to just over 1 hour!
Might that one hour one have been me?  I departed KFRG at 0231z and was probably handed to Philly Approach at around 0330z.  However, I was in a DC3 making about 130 knots over the ground, so... lol.  I don't know if your stats are including only aircraft who arrived into or departed from KJFK, or those who passed through the terminal airspace.

No, JFK departures and arrivals are only captured in these stats.
Jeremy Peterson (HP)

Jeremy Peterson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »
Event period: 19 JAN 2018/2359Z - 20 JAN 2018/0606Z
Total reported KBOS operations (to/from KJFK): 46

Source: http://stats.vatsim-germany.org/

Event period: same as above
Total reported KJFK operations (to/from KBOS): 46

Source: http://stats.vatsim-germany.org/

Seems like a low number but this is what I'm finding. It looks like DCA was the real winner this event with event operations of greater than 60 for JFK and BOS each.
Jeremy Peterson (HP)

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 10:33:37 AM »
All of the ATC staff did a crazy-outstanding job tonight.  Everybody was stressed to the gills but worked fast, efficient, and patient.  At one point, Kennedy had TWENTY-SIX aircraft on ground preparing for departures.  I can't imagine hearing "BAW314, clearance on request number 25, stand by...

I just wanted to say that I agree.  Great event.  I flew KMIA to KJFK.  The ATC was superb from my perspective.  Cool, calm collective and good instructions.  For the most part I thought the pilots done a great job too, not too many walk over somebody on frequency.  I will admit that I contributed to controllers having to repeat, sometimes their communications were muffled sounding to me and I had to clarify but each time, the controller responded professionally, promptly and without attitude.  Excellent Customer Service and a Great Event. 

The only thing this event was lacking was the smell of burned jet fuel.  When I arrived at KJFK, There was a line of planes who needed to taxi to the gate between Rwy's 22R and 22L.  Just like in the real world.
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 10:40:17 AM »
Thanks for the extra data there Jeremy, always appreciate it.
Being the "single" runway in the mix, us getting anything out while getting stuff in (or vice versa) at DCA is always a challenge. Our guys in the cab (two of whom were working these positions for the first time in an event) did a stellar job properly sequencing on the ground so we could launch a JFK and BOS departure before being subject to TMU restrictions between another departure to the same airport.

You can always buy some jet fuel and burn it Mark ;) Just don't mistake it for bourbon!
VATUSA Deputy Director Emeritus
Former ZDC ATM, DATM, TA & WM
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 5

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 11:28:37 AM »
You can always buy some jet fuel and burn it Mark ;) Just don't mistake it for bourbon!

Lol, I would never mistake Jet fuel  good bourbon.  But again the event from my perspective went very well.  I truly appreciate the camaraderie and mutual cooperation between facilities, it truly makes a difference for the pilots who are flying and I can only hope that the pilots who came out made a positive difference in the experience for the controllers.     
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired