New Division Conflict Resolution Manager Announcement

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
New Division Conflict Resolution Manager Announcement
« on: January 24, 2018, 08:51:42 AM »
On behalf of VATUSA, It is with great pleasure that I announce that Ira Robinson will assume the very important role of Division Conflict Resolution Manager (VATUSA 4)  effective February 3, 2018 upon the retirement of current DCRM Bob Carmona.

Bob previously served as the Air Traffic Manager of Miami, VATUSA 2, VATSIM supervisor and member of the Membership Committee.  Bob leaves quite the legacy and many of us including myself were taken under Bob's wing and mentored.

Ira has served numerous roles in the Division and VATSIM to include:  Air Traffic Manager New York, Deputy Division Director VATUSA, VATSIM Supervisor, VATSIM Membership Team and as a staff member VATNA.  His knowledge, experience, passion for the hobby and excellent service will serve him well in his new role.  I am honored to have worked closely with Ira in his previous roles and I am equally honored to have him fulfill this very important role for our Division.

Please join me in congratulating Ira.  Also please join me in wishing Bob Carmona the very best in retirement.

Richard Sill

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: New Division Conflict Resolution Manager Announcement
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 08:54:46 AM »
Congratulations Ira, from all of us at ZME!

Best wishes on your retirement, Bob!

Brayden Manzella

• Members
    • View Profile
    • VATUSA
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 09:05:17 AM »
Ira, best of luck in your new role!

Bob, thank you for your service to the division. Wishing you all the best in retirement.

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 09:33:17 AM »
Thank you Bob, and congrats Ira!

Cole Connelly

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »
Congrats!

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 09:52:12 AM »
Congrats, Ira!  Remind me not to create any complaints :-)

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:09:35 AM »
I've spoken to you both personally about these roles and expressed my congratulations and appreciation, but I'll underscore it again. 

Bob and Ira, you have each been a stalwart supporter of VATUSA and VATSIM over the years and done a phenomenal job in each of your roles.  I can't thank you enough for being my partner in crime, Bob early on in my tenure as Division Director, and for the last 3 years as DCRM, and Ira as my partner, my confidant and my trusted advisor toward the end of my term.

I feel like we've made a great team, all of us, thank you again from the bottom of my heart for your service to the Division and to VATSIM, for all you've done for me personally, and wish you all the absolute best moving forward. 

And Bob, retirement around this place ain't permanent! ;D  Rest up, you'll never know when you'll get tapped on the shoulder again!

Michael Mund-Hoym

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
Bob, it was truly a please to have worked with you on several occasions and I really have to say you did an outstanding job as DCRM. You will be sorely missed and you leave big shoes to fill. I wish you all the best for whatever your future may hold and would be very happy to bump into you on or off the network. Thanks a lot!

Ira, what can I say? I said fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride when you were appointed VATUSA2. Maybe now I could say pull on the strap to tighten your belt. It will be an interesting time ahead and I am sure you will do great. I wish you best of luck in your new position come February 3rd. If there is anything I can do to help, I would only be too happy to.

Emanuel Thompson

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZDV Website
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
Congratulations from ZOB!

Brighton McMinn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 04:39:29 PM »
Bob, we appreciate all your years of service. Enjoy retirement!

Congrats, Ira! You're gonna be a perfect fit.

Fady Botros

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 07:40:27 PM »
Congrats Ira!

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »
Bob, it's been a pleasure working with you and I thank you for your dedication to the network - I was always impressed by your superb work as the USA DCRM Manager. It will be hard to live up to the standards you have set, but luckily a great replacement has been chosen. Thank you again and don't be a stranger!

Ira, congrats! As others have expressed, I see you as fitting into this position perfectly. I look forward to continuing working with you.

Best to you both,

Elai Kindler

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Jacksonsville ARTCC
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 08:36:36 PM »
Congrats Ira!

Tony Jeppesen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »
Thanks for staying on the team Ira! Enjoy your new role!

Manuel Manigault

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 01:03:27 PM »
Ira,  I am confident you are going to be a great fit for the DCRM role.  Bob,  congratulations on your retirement. You were an excellent DCRM.