A little website to look up information for VATSIM flightplans

Milan Kroemer

• Mentors
    • View Profile
A little website to look up information for VATSIM flightplans
« on: January 25, 2021, 02:19:31 PM »
Hello all,

I have made a little website which will collect and summarize information for flightplans.
It will show you a list of "flightstrips" containing all the usual information, callsign, aircraft type, altitude and route.
At the bottom of a flightstrip there is a dropdown menu where you can select and look at FAA preferred routes, if there are any.
It will also tell you what type of aircraft they are (handy if you don't know the code), wake category and engine type.
It will also show you what the phonetic callsign is (if the 3-letter code can be found in the database).
I am planning to also show RECAT information, which I have to add manually to a database...

I am looking for feedback to figure out how that website can be a benefit to an average controlling session.

DISCLAIMER: This website is still work in progress and might have a few quirks and surely the layout is the most fancy.
But I think it is functional and might be a convenient tool to some controllers by combining some of the information that might otherwise be scattered if many different places.
Here is the link: https://simplex.pythonanywhere.com/

Brin Brody

• VATUSA Staff
    • View Profile
Re: A little website to look up information for VATSIM flightplans
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 03:51:44 PM »
Cool idea! Looking forward to seeing it developed.  ;D
Brin Brody | VATUSA8
Training Services Manager

Lee Sacharin

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 03:50:18 PM »
What is the set route function on some plans?  If listed it show a 0 or 0,1 or 0,1,2 etc.  The option is not listed on all fltplans

Nolan Danziger

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 06:39:00 PM »
What is the set route function on some plans?  If listed it show a 0 or 0,1 or 0,1,2 etc.  The option is not listed on all fltplans

I believe it relates to the FAA pref route database
Zoomer 😎

Milan Kroemer

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:17:05 AM »
I believe it relates to the FAA pref route database

that is correct.
I also got my hands on some real world ADAR (Adapted departure arrival route) data, so that I can also display that, which is much better for determining a good route based on aircraft type and equipment.
Now currently I only have ADAR for ZBW, but if some people here have ADAR data for other ARTCCs, I could include those as well.

Milan Kroemer

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 02:58:38 PM »
There is now a Discord server! https://discord.gg/8zRBwXdg
It will be used for bug reports and feature requests, see you there!