New guy here

Joshua Silver

• Members
    • View Profile
New guy here
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:01:32 AM »
Hello all, I just got registered and want to start the training process to become an atc. But I would like to observe. I was wondering if anyone here knows when it would be a good time to observe to here and see the most.
Thank you

Bob Carmona

• Members
    • View Profile
New guy here
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 04:36:13 AM »
Welcome to VATUSA!

Friday nights during the weekly "Friday Night Ops" event would probably see the most action, but you can observe any time.
Bob Carmona
Division Conflict Resolution Manager
VATUSA

Marco Bivins

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
New guy here
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 06:21:44 AM »
Quote from: Joshua Silver
Hello all, I just got registered and want to start the training process to become an atc. But I would like to observe. I was wondering if anyone here knows when it would be a good time to observe to here and see the most.
Thank you

Joshua:

I'm late in responding and a new guy just as yourself. If I may, there is a tool I discovered on Vatsim called Vataware that seems to offer help on where and when the action is.  It appears that you can observe historical traffic data to give you an idea of when to set up. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:06:09 AM by Don Desfosse »

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
New guy here
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 07:15:40 AM »
Marco's suggestion of vataware is good.  However, there are other tools as well that you can use to see who is online.  Suggest googling and downloading VATSpy, Servinfo, and/or vRoute and checking them out.  There are web-based ones also, like vattastic.com.  I'm sure there are many others, but these are the ones that most people use.  Welcome aboard!
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA