FS9 and SB questions

Roger Curtiss

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
FS9 and SB questions
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:59:43 PM »
2 questions about FS9 and SB:

-Is it possible to disable the green strip text line so that it does not appear.  I seem to recall that the text comms all used to appear only in the SB box.  And if I am not hallucinating this then I would like to return to that state.

-My multiplayer labels are cycling between the aircraft callsign/type/distance and they used to just show the callsign.  I also have not been seeing all the traffic in my vicinity at times.  This function used to show just callsign and all traffic appeared.  I have also noticed that the type label more often than not shows it as a VIP model and the liveries lack full detail.

Paul Byrne

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bostonartcc.net
FS9 and SB questions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »
Hi Roger,

There's a feature in FSUIPC that can disable these messages. I'm not sure if you need a registered version to do this, though, I'd guess that you'd need to register it for any of the advanced features.

The multiplayer labels can be changed through your ATC/AI settings. No idea why they have changed from your previous settings unless it's fresh install or you've made a large change to FS. Have you checked your FS9.cfg file? See if there have been any changes to this file recently. As regards not seeing all the aircraft, check your firewall/antivirus, router settings. They may have changed due to a patch or recent update.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:02:28 PM by Paul Byrne »