How do I obtain a cid?

Rick Morris

• Members
    • View Profile
How do I obtain a cid?
« on: March 21, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
I am trying to sign up for vatusa so I can start training but I figure out how. On the webpage it says click here to get started but then asks for my vatsim cid. I have a vatsim account but that info will not work. Please help!

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
How do I obtain a cid?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 09:38:37 PM »
Quote from: Rick Morris
I am trying to sign up for vatusa so I can start training but I figure out how. On the webpage it says click here to get started but then asks for my vatsim cid. I have a vatsim account but that info will not work. Please help!

Hi Rick,

The CID it is asking for is your VATSIM ID # you use when you connect to squawkbox / fsinn etc. if you are a new user it is likely starting with a 1.

Let me know if you have any questions and i'll try to help.

Rick Morris

• Members
    • View Profile
How do I obtain a cid?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:39:48 PM »
Its an old vat sim that I recently had re activated, it works in squakbox but not on vatusa

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
How do I obtain a cid?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:42:06 PM »
Hmm, it should be the same ID and password as you use on the VATSIM Network. Does it give you any error message?  If so can you copy+paste it here

Bryan Wollenberg

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.laartcc.org
How do I obtain a cid?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:25:44 PM »
Rick,

If you would have emailed me with this name instead of "Rick James" I could have helped you a while ago via email.

The problem was that you were not a member of the United States Division.  I have made the appropriate change for you.  As soon as the VATUSA database updates (twice daily), you will need to visit http://www.vatusa.net/join.php     That will take you through all the necessary steps for becoming an ATC.

Good luck and welcome!