Passed the Basic/S1 exam, now what?

Derrick Murphy

• Members
    • View Profile
Passed the Basic/S1 exam, now what?
« on: July 09, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »
Confused on what to do after passing my Basic/S1 exam on the VATUSA site. Any tips?

Matthew Kramer

• ZLA Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Passed the Basic/S1 exam, now what?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 05:36:22 PM »
Now you select your home facility! There are many to choose from.

vatusa.net/info/join

After completing the initial exam, you will be able to join a facility. VATUSA is made up of 21 ARTCCs and 1 CCF [realworld FAA includes 2 CENRAPs, Guam which is under jurisdiction of Honolulu Combined Control Facility and San Juan CENRAP which is part of VATCAR on VATSIM]. To join your first facility, go to "My VATUSA" in the Navigation Bar, then select "Join Facility".

If you are a returning member, you must request a transfer into your ARTCC of choice.
Once you have successfully joined a facility, you will receive a welcome email upon facility selection. Initial selections are immediate; those requesting a transfer will receive the welcome email once the transfer request has been accepted. This should include instructions on what to do next. You may receive subsequent follow ups once they have added you to their facility website. If you do not hear anything within a few days, please open a ticket with your facility.
Matthew Kramer
ZLA DATM

Derrick Murphy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:08:14 PM »
I've done that as well, now I just wait patiently for a mentor to email me?

Fady Botros

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 10:52:58 PM »
You'll get a welcome email from the ZAU ATM (the guy in charge, Matt Campbell) with information for site registration and how to join their discord. I believe there'll also be instructions on how to schedule training with the instructional staff there.

Cheers,
Fady
Fady Botros
ZMA Air Traffic Manager

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 06:55:46 AM »
How to request training (And expectations of you as a student) can be found in the ZAU Training Guideline (Or any facility's Training Guideline).

You should have received an automated e-mail detailing similar information.
VATUSA Deputy Director Emeritus
Former ZDC ATM, DATM, TA & WM
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 5