Help! FS9 CTD

Tracy Tobin

• Members
    • View Profile
Help! FS9 CTD
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »
Well, I recently reinstalled FS9 and I get a scenery cfg. file error and then it crashes. Its complaining about a cloud9 scenery I installed sometime ago. I thought I uninstalled the cloud9 scenery completly before I uninstalled fs9. I even tried to remove the scenery.cfg and the scenery status data file, in the main FS9 directory. I still get the error. Not sure what to do from here. Should I uninstall FS9 and then delete the fs9 folders completely? When you uninstall FS9 you leave some folders behind like aircraft, scenery and such. Just wondering what to do next. Any ideas? I've attached the screen shot for reference.

Brian Fuller

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Help! FS9 CTD
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:50:36 AM »
It is probably a reference that isn't getting removed like you are saying.  I would re-install.

William Lewis

• Members
    • View Profile
Help! FS9 CTD
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 11:25:58 AM »
The error is telling you that the scenery.cfg file has an entry to load that scenery but it cannot find it. This makes sense as you stated you removed it. Open the scenery.cfg file in your favorite text editor. Find the enter labeled "[Area.039]" and delete the entry, save and launch FS9.
Former ZTL Air Traffic Manager
Former ZID Training Admin