HOW TO START MY TRANING

Sahil Shnagari

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:17:41 PM »
I REGISTERED MY SELF ON VATUSA AND RECIEVED AN EMAIL STATING "my name will be listed on the VATUSA Roster within a few hours and my name will be added to the New York ARTCC.Within 24 hours i will receive an e-mail which will include my facility assignment and password.
Till now i have not recieved any futher information regarding starting of my traning.I have gone through the traning refrence material available on VATUSA.
PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I CHECK MY NAME ON THE ROASTER, WHO WILL START MY TRANING, AS I HAVE READ THE REFRENCE TRANING MATERIAL FOR THE FIRST EXAM HOW CAN I TAKE IT. HOW WILL I GET TO KNOW MY MENTOR/INSTRUCTOR AND HOW TO CONTACT WITH THEM.
I WILL BE HIGHLY THANKFUL FOR MY HELP

Mark Keyes

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
Hi Dev, and welcome to VATSIM and VATUSA. I'm a little bit ahead of you, so I will try to help. You have to take and pass the initial exam here on VATUSA, and at that point are asked which ARTCC you wish to join. Don't worry about NY just yet.

So your next step is to keep an eye on the VATUSA Home Page:

http://www.vatusa.net/home.php

and making sure you're logged in (your name will show at top-right), look at the third column on the right, under "My Alerts". It should show in red something like "You have an exam to take".

This is the initial exam, and everything is covered under Reference Materials > Basic ATC (maybe a little from S1, I can't remember). The exam is "open book", but you still have to know where and what you're looking for. It's only about 20 questions, but TAKE YOUR TIME. Some of the questions may seem like trick questions, but there's good reason for that.

Check back with this thread if "You have an exam to take" doesn't show up on the Home Page in the next day or so. Later, check back to help someone else get started.

Mark Keyes
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:15:35 PM by Mark Keyes »

Sahil Shnagari

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:55:36 AM »
Quote from: Mark Keyes
Hi Dev, and welcome to VATSIM and VATUSA. I'm a little bit ahead of you, so I will try to help. You have to take and pass the initial exam here on VATUSA, and at that point are asked which ARTCC you wish to join. Don't worry about NY just yet.

So your next step is to keep an eye on the VATUSA Home Page:

http://www.vatusa.net/home.php

and making sure you're logged in (your name will show at top-right), look at the third column on the right, under "My Alerts". It should show in red something like "You have an exam to take".

This is the initial exam, and everything is covered under Reference Materials > Basic ATC (maybe a little from S1, I can't remember). The exam is "open book", but you still have to know where and what you're looking for. It's only about 20 questions, but TAKE YOUR TIME. Some of the questions may seem like trick questions, but there's good reason for that.

Check back with this thread if "You have an exam to take" doesn't show up on the Home Page in the next day or so. Later, check back to help someone else get started.

Mark Keyes
HI MARK THXS FOR YOUR RESPONE  WAS QUITE HELPFULL. AS YOU SAID I WILL BE GETTING MY EXAM IN DAY OR SO, BUT NOTHING TILL NOW. SO SHALL I WAIT

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 10:36:58 AM »
Hi Dev,

Let me add my welcome to Mark's - Welcome to VATUSA!

According to VATUSA records you applied to the Division and took the Basic Controller Exam on Oct 12, 2009. Unfortunately, you did not pass the exam and thus are unable to select any ARTCC at this time. I will re-schedule you for the VATUSA Basic Controller Exam within the next few days. Please check back on the VATUSA website at: www.vatusa.net and look for the red notification in the right-hand panel that you have been scheduled for the exam.

As Mark said, take your time on that exam...it is open-book but a failure to get an 80% grade will mean you will have to wait seven (7) days to re-take the exam. Once you have passed that exam, the system will automatically allow you to select which ARTCC you'd like to join. I believe you said above you were looking to join New York ARTCC (vZNY).

Good luck on the exam and again welcome to VATUSA!

HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:15:31 AM »
Welcome to VATSIM.  Gary was right.  But also, just for your information, typing in all caps is netiquette for yelling and hurts peoples eyes.

Sahil Shnagari

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 11:21:43 AM »
Quote from: Gary Millsaps
Hi Dev,

Let me add my welcome to Mark's - Welcome to VATUSA!

According to VATUSA records you applied to the Division and took the Basic Controller Exam on Oct 12, 2009. Unfortunately, you did not pass the exam and thus are unable to select any ARTCC at this time. I will re-schedule you for the VATUSA Basic Controller Exam within the next few days. Please check back on the VATUSA website at: www.vatusa.net and look for the red notification in the right-hand panel that you have been scheduled for the exam.

As Mark said, take your time on that exam...it is open-book but a failure to get an 80% grade will mean you will have to wait seven (7) days to re-take the exam. Once you have passed that exam, the system will automatically allow you to select which ARTCC you'd like to join. I believe you said above you were looking to join New York ARTCC (vZNY).

Good luck on the exam and again welcome to VATUSA!

Hi Gary,
As u replied stating re-scheduling my exam in next couple of days, but till now i haven't got it.Can u please tell me when shall i expect my exam. I am really exicted to be part of VATUSA so can u please make it ASAP.
Thank You

Sahil Shnagari

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
Quote from: Daniel Hawton
Welcome to VATSIM.  Gary was right.  But also, just for your information, typing in all caps is netiquette for yelling and hurts peoples eyes.

Hello Mr.Hawton,
In future i will surely take care of that Sir.Thank you for the Welcome, its been a pleasure to be a part of VATUSA.

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
Quote from: dev sareen
Hi Gary,
As u replied stating re-scheduling my exam in next couple of days, but till now i haven't got it.Can u please tell me when shall i expect my exam. I am really exicted to be part of VATUSA so can u please make it ASAP.
Thank You

Dev,

Over the next couple of days, log in to the VATUSA website and see if there is a notification and exam for you to take now...post up the result here or send to my email [email protected]

Thanks,

Gary
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:28:07 PM by Gary Millsaps »

Sahil Shnagari

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 01:42:36 AM »
Dev,

Over the next couple of days, log in to the VATUSA website and see if there is a notification and exam for you to take now...post up the result here or send to my email [email protected]

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,
I took my basic controller exam and scored 92%, and thanks for the help.
I would like to let you knon that i am holding FAA CPL with IR/ME ratings with 250 hrs.I have been flying with vatsim as well since a year.I would like to ask that can i take the other exams know or do i have to wait for them.Please let me know the next step to start with VATUSA.
Thank You
Dev

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 07:57:48 AM »
Dev,

Now that you've passed your Basic ATC exam, you'll be able to select an ARTCC.  I'd suggest that you log back into the VATUSA home page and scroll to the bottom where you'll see links to all the ARTCCs' websites.  Take a look at the ones you may be interested in controlling in; generally, there are links on each ARTCC's website that will bring you to their policies and training material.  Compare the ones you may be interested in to see what seems to be a good fit for you, and based on that, select which ARTCC you'd like to transfer into.

To initiate a transfer, go to the VATUSA home page, look under MyVATUSA, and select ARTCC Transfer (this might be your second item down on that MyVATUSA menu).  Once you're accepted into an ARTCC, you'll be able to begin their training process.

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 10:28:48 AM »
Hi Dev,

I just checked the VATUSA records and it looks like you have successfully joined the New York ARTCC (vZNY). You should be receiving a welcome email from them shortly. It will include instructions on how get started with your training in New York. Otherwise, you should visit their website at: http://www.nyartcc.org/ and familiarize yourself with their operations.

Regards,

Gary

Sahil Shnagari

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 01:36:18 PM »
Hi Dev,

I just checked the VATUSA records and it looks like you have successfully joined the New York ARTCC (vZNY). You should be receiving a welcome email from them shortly. It will include instructions on how get started with your training in New York. Otherwise, you should visit their website at: http://www.nyartcc.org/ and familiarize yourself with their operations.

Regards,

Gary

Hi Gary,
I tried to log at www.nyartcc.org but it said my details were invaild. Will i get some other password and id to log . Sir, i have downloaded the VRC .I am very much confused what to do now and how to take my S1 exam to start or if any training is required how to do that. Please sought out these doubt.
Thanks
Dev

Ryan Geckler

• Mentors
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 01:57:35 PM »
Dev,

You should be receiving a welcome email from them shortly. It will include instructions on how get started with your training in New York.

Sahil Shnagari

• Members
    • View Profile
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 01:33:46 PM »
Quote from: Ryan Geckler
Dev,
Hello everyone,
Sir i have cleared my S1 exam couple of days back and i took the CLEARENCE DEL PHL exam well around 3 days back.I have not recieved the result of my exam this exam and neither got my name on the roaster.Anyone who can sought it out and get me through.
Thank you
Dev Sareen

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
HOW TO START MY TRANING
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 01:49:24 PM »
Dev,

Posting a request like this on a VATUSA-wide forum for all VATUSA members, including thousands of controllers and pilots, to read is probably not appropriate.  Suggest you contact your instructor and/or Training Administrator directly.  They'll be best suited to continue helping you.