Sector Files for Observationb

Sector Files for Observationb
« on: September 20, 2018, 05:16:53 PM »
I am currently going through the training for VATSIM and in the CBT materials it mentions that sector files for virtual radar can be found on a facilities webpage. I've looked but can't seem to find Cleveland's sector files so that I can observe. Can anyone help me?

Antony Radley

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Sector Files for Observationb
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 06:14:06 PM »
I am currently going through the training for VATSIM and in the CBT materials it mentions that sector files for virtual radar can be found on a facilities webpage. I've looked but can't seem to find Cleveland's sector files so that I can observe. Can anyone help me?

Looks like you need to login to get them.
Oakland ARTCC - Events Coordinator

Amin Abrahem

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 11:17:57 PM »
Hi Sterling,

Antony is right. Our sector files at Cleveland ARTCC are only available for ZOB controllers. If you decide to join us, you’ll get an account on our website and access to the sector files.

Hope that helps!
Amin Abrahem

Dhruv Kalra

• ZMP Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 08:42:43 AM »
Hi Sterling,

Antony is right. Our sector files at Cleveland ARTCC are only available for ZOB controllers. If you decide to join us, you’ll get an account on our website and access to the sector files.

Hope that helps!
Is there a particular reason for locking them down? As an ACE Team member, it’s one additional headache if/when I have to support an event to have to request copies from the staff.

Wasn’t there a division directive at some point to make sector data for observers publicly available?
Dhruv Kalra
ZMP ATM | Instructor | Grumpy Old Man

Amin Abrahem

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 10:13:21 AM »
Is there a particular reason for locking them down? As an ACE Team member, it’s one additional headache if/when I have to support an event to have to request copies from the staff.
Hello Dhruv,

Good point! As far as I’m aware, previous staff members at ZOB saw some issues when having the sector files available to the public, but I’m not going to bring up these issues on a public forum. I’ll look into this further and see if we need to re-think.

However, if you ever need our sector files as an ACE team members, shoot me an email and I’ll help you. It’s only a matter of sending you a “secret” link.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:23:30 AM by Amin Abrahem »
Amin Abrahem