Visiting from another facilities

Alan Cohen

• Members
    • View Profile
Visiting from another facilities
« on: December 27, 2021, 03:11:54 PM »
Good afternoon. I’m a VATSIM ATC from Spain (S2 currently working on getting my S3). I live in Spain but will move to Oregon next summer. What rating will I get if I change from VATSIM Spain to VATUSA? While I still live in Spain, is there a way to control on both facilities? I know in VATSIM Spain they have specific training for “visitors” coming from other facilities, is there something like that in VATUSA? Thanks!

Brandon Wening

• VATUSA Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting from another facilities
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 05:05:26 PM »
Good afternoon. I’m a VATSIM ATC from Spain (S2 currently working on getting my S3). I live in Spain but will move to Oregon next summer. What rating will I get if I change from VATSIM Spain to VATUSA? While I still live in Spain, is there a way to control on both facilities? I know in VATSIM Spain they have specific training for “visitors” coming from other facilities, is there something like that in VATUSA? Thanks!

Hello Alan! Thanks for reaching out. VATSIM ATC Ratings are network-wide, so you will maintain your S2 rating if you transfer to another division. Similar to VATSIM Spain, you are allowed to visit a facility in addition to remaining at your home facility. You must comply with VATSIM Policies while doing this, which includes spending 50% of your controlling time at your home facility, and ensuring that you are eligible to transfer/visit other facilities. If you require any further assistance, feel free to open a ticket with us and we would be more than happy to help!
Brandon Wening
Deputy Division Director, ATS
VATUSA