Linked Events

• ZTL's Mon(Sun)day Night Madness (KAVL-KCRW-KAVL): April 28, 2019

ZTL's Mon(Sun)day Night Madness (KAVL-KCRW-KAVL) {4/28 2100z-0000z}

Shane O'Neill

• VATUSA Staff
    • View Profile

ZTL won't be doing our usual Monday Night Madness this month, instead it's a Sunday Night Madness, but we want to keep a similar marketing strategy, so it's a Mon(Sun)day Night Madness. That was a long sentence, but all you need to know is ZTL will staff up Asheville and ZID will staff up Charleston Yeager from 2100z-0000z (5pm-8pm ET) on Sunday, April 28, 2019. We encourage you to make a turn in Charleston and hurry back to Asheville as fast as possible.

Preferred Routes
KAVL-KCW: HMV GZG HVQ
KCRW-KAVL: HVQ BZM SUG
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 01:40:05 PM by Shane O'Neill »
Shane O'Neill
VATUSA Events Manager
[email protected]

David Stone

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Re: ZTL's Mon(Sun)day Night Madness (KAVL-KCRW-KAVL) {4/28 2100z-0000z}
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
Based on the Wx forecast for KCRW we will likely be in North Flow, landing and departing Rwy 5. This, of course, in subject to change with the weather. This is a LOC approach, no GS.
CORRECTION: The ILS has been restored at KCRW. Not sure how I missed that.

Updated scenery for KCRW is recommended. You can find both payware and freeware add-on scenery for this airport for FSX/P3D. I found at least one freeware version for XP10+ at https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/24053-yeager-airport-kcrw-charleston-wv/.

We look forward to seeing everyone tonight.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 03:43:56 PM by David Stone »
David Stone

Robert Wade

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 08:52:59 PM »
Flew both legs, although a little later than most (west coast w/ a toddler in the house here). Great event; awesome controllers.

Ken Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »
Enjoyed the event, despite the VATSIM voice servers crashing pretty bad as I was approaching KAVL. Only minor criticism I would offer is the controller who recorded the ATIS at KAVL needs to speak a little slower while recording it. He blew through it pretty fast and with other radio traffic going on, it was tough to catch everything. Otherwise, it was a fun event. Great job everyone!