Comms

Doug Watson

• Members
    • View Profile
Comms
« on: July 21, 2021, 11:34:18 AM »
I am trying to listen in, OBS, on a freq however when I put the position name and freq into the communications box and then try to select the RX, HDST, and SPKR buttons, only the RX button will be selected. When I try to select the other two I get a beep sound and a msg in the command box that reads :Error: No voice channel specified." I guess I got lucky yesterday when I was able to make it work. What am I doing wrong?
Doug Watson

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: Comms
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 02:32:27 PM »
I am trying to listen in, OBS, on a freq however when I put the position name and freq into the communications box and then try to select the RX, HDST, and SPKR buttons, only the RX button will be selected. When I try to select the other two I get a beep sound and a msg in the command box that reads :Error: No voice channel specified." I guess I got lucky yesterday when I was able to make it work. What am I doing wrong?
If you're using the voice system integrated with VRC, vSTARS, or vERAM, it's no longer in use.  You'll need the separate Audio For VATSIM app to interact with the current voice system.  The Pilot Clients were updated when the new voice system was adopted; the radar clients were not.
Cheers,
-R.

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
Re: Comms
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:17:33 PM »
The following is geared towards helping a controller at ZLC for setting up their AFV to monitor but you can get the idea from it here:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQbGV4jYNy8lOtX3C0aQ-B5Vl_LXnWMZVlmz--ackHQ8HCnV1vNKp7vEJKNwg1JXuCHbKrp65SumROI/embed?
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders