Sector file

Steve Stevens

• Members
    • View Profile
Sector file
« on: October 22, 2021, 04:01:42 PM »
I have been asked to perform some ATC for my VA at an annual event. These guys are like me, older, over 70 for the most part, primarily Dutch (I'm American) and do not prefer to fly VATSIM, but on our own server. I have downloaded ATC-Pie and Euroscope, but I can not find sector files. We will be holding our own Oshkosh event and I would like to use the correct sector file. Any help in this area?

Thanks and really enjoy VATSIM myself.

Evan Reiter

• Instructors
    • View Profile
    • Boston Virtual ARTCC
Re: Sector file
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 09:11:29 PM »
Not many U.S. facilities publish native EuroScope files, though I understand ES can read the .sct2 files that are used by U.S. clients.

KOSH is covered by Chicago Center, which publishes their facility files here: https://www.chicagoartcc.org/controllers/files. You should be able to use the top file download for what you're looking to do. Check on the permissions or notes in the file to ensure that you don't need to first ask for or request access.

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC Community Manager
[email protected]

Steve Stevens

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 07:27:42 AM »
Thank you, I will look at them. Does ATC-Pie use them as well? I have been looking at it as an alternative, or what do VATSIM ATCers use?

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 07:53:51 AM »
We generally use VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, and Euroscope. Piggybacking off of what Evan said, be understanding if ZAU is hesitant to provide you with the permissions to use their materials… after all, you are asking for support from a VATSIM community to support another community that won’t be using our network. Regardless, I hope your private event is a success.
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders