Not showing as an observer

Kevin Leak

• Members
    • View Profile
Not showing as an observer
« on: February 12, 2022, 05:29:05 PM »
Hello all, I have spent several nights observing controllers at different airports but noticed it never shows me as an observer. I'm logged and can hear all traffic but don't think I'm getting "credit" as an observer. I can see controllers and other observers but never me. All my settings are per the videos I've watched. Am I doing something wrong?.Also I recently passed the S1 test, do I change the rating to S1 or leave as observer?

Mike Bencivenga

• ZDV Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Not showing as an observer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 06:44:27 AM »
Hello Kevin,

One thing to note is that you will never see yourself show up as any position that you log in on, observer or otherwise. You will also never see yourself in the controller chat listing anytime you are logged onto a position. It is only there to show you all the other controllers that are online. Observers also don't get "credit" for ATC hours.

In answer to your other question, congrats on passing the VATUSA S1 Academy! Your next step if you have not already is to request a transfer to the ARTCC of your choice, where they will do the practical training of your S1 and get you ready to control on the network. Until that happens, you should continue to log on as an Observer! Hope this helps!