Rumor control. Please confirm or deny
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 10:30:41 PM »
Dave,

Upfront and honestly submitted as requested:

On Wed, 6 May 2009 20:49:42 -0400, "Gary Millsaps" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Hi gents,
>
> Would you like for me to continue engaging in the GRP Review forum?

Date: Wed 5/6/2009 10:41 PM
To: Gary Millsaps
CC: [email protected]

My thought is probably better if you don't...

Dave

Just a simple lapse of memory I'm sure...we were all a bit busy then.

Jeremy Bucholz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »
Gary check your PM Inbox.

J Jason Vodnansky

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 10:46:16 PM »
So are we saying a member's opinion doesn't matter now?

Jason Vodnansky

Alex Bailey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »
If this isn't the worst case of twisting facts I have ever seen... Gary resigned as VATUSA1 before the email went to Dave. The GRP forum was intended for staff members. Gary was no longer a staff member, thus should not have remained a member of the forum by virtue of its intent and requirements. This says nothing of Gary's abilities and his excellent suggestions for the GRP, it simply states that he was no longer "qualified" for enrollment in the forum.

It looks like Dave did Gary a favor by letting him continue to have access, but suggested he didn't post since he was no longer staff.

Jeremy Bucholz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 11:08:38 PM »
Pucker Up Buttercup!

Brad Littlejohn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 12:16:44 AM »
Quote from: J. Jason Vodnansky
So are we saying a member's opinion doesn't matter now?

Jason Vodnansky

It's great that you have an opinion, but instead of taking shots at VATUSA, how about making your opinion constructive so things can be done to make VATUSA better? Your comment had neither the former, nor the latter. It was rather petty, and quite frankly, uncalled for. You had your answer prior to even making it, so why make it at all?

Either way, you have your answer. Like I said, move on, and let's be civil about things. Comments like that doesn't help anything.

BL.

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 06:49:32 AM »
The bottom line is this thread serves no purpose for VATUSA.  Rumors are never positive.  Let's move on to new VATUSA leadership.  The past is over and done with.  The GRP is in effect.  There's nothing more to discuss.

David Klain

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 08:04:42 AM »
Gary,

I apologize...clearly we had that exchange and i just don't remember it.  My guess (and this is only a guess) is I told you that in the context that you were no longer VATUSA1 and shouldn't be participating in the forum anymore...and that you'd be losing the forum access shortly anyway (which never happened).  I would point out that I also didn't "prohibit" it (had I wanted to do that I would have immediately gone in an yanked your access) but rather in response to a request for advice, I replied "probably better if you don't" but to take that approach to the answer to Jason's question at the top of this post would be to engage in the kind of semantics and sea-lawyering that I abhor.  Bottom line is:

(a) I dropped the ball in not ensuring GRP access was handled correctly in the case of both you and Andrew.
(b) While I never told anyone who was VATUSA1 to not post in the GRP forum, I clearly told you (former VATUSA1) to not post and my earlier answer to Jason's rumor request was factually incorrect.  The answer to question #2 should have been:

"2. VATUSA1 (and other VATUSA staffers) have never been restricted in what they could and could not say or post in the GRP forums.  When a former VATUSA1 approached me about posting, I did not prohibit it, but I did recommend he did not.  I don't remember the exact details surrounding that but suspect it was so that his posts did not create an impression of undercutting the authority and GRP forum negotiating position of VATUSA (which was now the responsibility of his replacement).  If approached by Alex or Andrew today (and the GRP was still under review), I would give the same advice..."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:06:12 AM by Dave Klain »

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 08:08:46 AM »
Thank you Dave...as far as I'm concerned ("twisted facts" notwithstanding), this matter is closed.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:10:24 AM by Gary Millsaps »

Ryan Geckler

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »
Quote from: Brad Littlejohn
It's great that you have an opinion, but instead of taking shots at VATUSA, how about making your opinion constructive so things can be done to make VATUSA better? Your comment had neither the former, nor the latter. It was rather petty, and quite frankly, uncalled for. You had your answer prior to even making it, so why make it at all?

Either way, you have your answer. Like I said, move on, and let's be civil about things. Comments like that doesn't help anything.

BL.

+10

Quote from: Gary Millsaps
Thank you Dave...as far as I'm concerned ("twisted facts" notwithstanding), this matter is closed.

+1

I propose a motion to close this thread.

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 10:12:06 AM »
Second.

Andrew Podner

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
I propose a motion to lobby the IPB Forum Developers to add a projectile vomit smiley........

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »
If you close the thread people will start complaining about censorship.  Just let it die.

David Jedrejcic

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »
The post will die, no worries, I don't think there's any need to close it.  For future cases though, I propose that the next time a post appears that has this same old trap set in it, we choose to ignore it instead of trying to have a relevant discussion about an irrelevant topic.